Question for BIG CALVED women...

Options

Replies

• ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I would like mine smaller too. Mine are quite muscular probably holding all this weight all these years.

Unfortunately, calves are very genetic. Some have calves, others have bulls.

I dunno my mom has small calves even when she was at her highest weight. Mine have been bigger. My dad's aren't huge either.
  • nltg13
    nltg13 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The size of my calves goes up and down a little with weight loss/gain but they always stay big. It's not really something you can change, I guess you might be able to look into exercise that wouldn't put any extra bulk there but none will make you loose any.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    As you lose fat you will lose there too... but with girl with muscular calves they never get tiny. I have lost just about 50 lbs and I am a size 2/4 right now... and my calves are still 14".

I just consider it part of my muscular frame. I'm never gonna be a stick.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. This is genetic. I have a 25 inch waist and 15 inch calfs.. Probably doesn't help that I'm a runner... From the time I can remember my calfs have been gross. I hate it. They aren't even muscular just huge
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I like shapely calves, they look hot in heels!
  • nltg13
    nltg13 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like shapely calves, they look hot in heels!

My boyfriend tells me this all the time!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    *pouts* my calves are 14.75 inches and I wish they were 17 inches!
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Rupture and Achilles's tendon and spend 3 months in a cast and you will drop several inches. I did and now have about a 3 inch size difference between the two. Would love to wear boots but am happy with how strong my cycling is.
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Do you ladies who have larger calves tend to wear heals a lot by any chance?

nope - I live in sneakers
  • orchidee1987
    orchidee1987 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    16 inches calves here and actually starting to love them !
  • orchidee1987
    orchidee1987 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add : i lost 33 pounds, but only 1 inch around them
  • NoLimitFemme
    NoLimitFemme Posts: 118 Member
    Options

Only on special occasions. Typically, I wear sneakers or flip flops. I'm also barefoot often. :tongue:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    The best thing about big calves is that they make your ankles look tiny! I think curvy legs are awesome and we should all wear shorts this summer.

I think sometimes we get down on ourselves about things we cannot control and this is one of those. We can all be healthier but our legs will always be the type to have big calves. Either we embrace it or we fight against it.

Love the body you've got ladies!

*Yes to cycling! Yes to seeing it as a positive thing! Strong legs are for dancing and running and taking our bodies from point A to point B.*

^^This.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Nope. Not when I was 12 and not now. I don't feel that this is my problem. If fashion designers don't want to get on board with my sexy legs, they're the ones who are missing out.
  • TeslaJoule
    TeslaJoule Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I lost inches in my calves with weight loss (I was 60 over), but the thing that made it so I could fit my "large" calves into knee high boots was weight lifting. I lost about an inch and added some seriously sexy definition. Running also helped!
  • JenTekywa
    JenTekywa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I notice a few people here have contributed incline walks and running to bigger calves but I would've thought that these exercises would cause fat to go and muscle definition to come through to create a better shape not just bulky legs.
  • nicci3004
    nicci3004 Posts: 4
    Options
    how are you doing it? certain exercises? calorie counting? or low fat?
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I don't know inches or anything, but i've grown to love my big calves and big legs in general. No matter what I weigh, they're still kinda big. But I can cycle 18 miles, no problem! :)

^^^^ This. Love them. Work with them. Kiss *kitten* with them!
  • annierocksss
    Options
    Haha, you probably have the same frame as me. I'm a size 2/4 with 14" calves - clothes should be shared between us LOL! :)
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Mine are pretty huge. Some of it natural size of them and some fat stores too but others are muscle from holding up all this weight so long. I hope the drop some inches.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!