Lost Half of my Body Weight and almost there (With Pics)

Options
bobbijodmb
bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
b5339d67-5606-4db3-b74e-81ffcda68a3e.jpg

I have lost 175 lbs and I have 20 lbs left to lose. It is so exciting and overwhelming at the same time. So I thought I would share some motivation for this holiday weekend

Some background info- I have always struggled with my weight. But in 2008 I had hit my lowest-- I had gained a lot of weight and I weight well over 300 lbs. I didn't realize how bad it gotten- i had stopped weighing myself for years and I honestly didn't see the person on the left of the picture. I believe that I have always had a distorted self image. I never see what is there. Even now sometimes- I dont see how much weight I have lost.

So here are some things I have learned and things that have worked with me. I have done all of this weight loss through diet and exercise. And when I say diet- I mean watching what I eat.
**Make small changes- I didn't change everything over night. I didn't start out by giving up all of the bad foods. I started by slowly cutting back on things that were holding me back. And then eventually I cut some of those things out. The things that I have cut out I don't miss. Examples- fast food, soda, juice, bagels- these are things that I would waste calories on and things that I have given up over time. I dont miss any of them
**I used to believe that exercise was the most important part of weight loss. What I have learned is that what I eat is the most important part to losing weight, exercise will help me keep it off.
**Find exercise that you love--- I used to hate working out, now I hate when I can't work out. I used to hate running and now its one of my passions. Sometimes I just needed to get out of my comfort zone.
**This was not an easy journey. It is one that caused me frustration, produced tears and at some points lots of self doubt.. But in the end, every single one of those horrible moments were worth it. It was worth all of that to get where I am today.
**Give yourself credit. I just remember at one point meeting someone and talking to them about my weightloss. I remember being embarrassed that I had lost 50 lbs, 75 lbs, etc. And I remember them saying to me, wow that i was the strongest person that they knew. I remember thinking that day- that I had to be strong to endure this journey, to keep pushing through when i wanted to stop and when I didn't always have the support. It was at that moment, that i cherished my weight loss.
**I don't give myself 'cheat' days- I look at if I want to eat something, I eat it. In moderation, not to excess and i work it into my calories or I add in an extra workout. Life is about balance, not excess-- just the philosophy that I took.
**Be ok with shopping at consignment stores =) At the beginning I didn't and I wasted so much money on clothes. None of my clothes from last summer fit me so I had to replace them all. Last summer I really started looking at consignment shops and I love them.
**Take lots of photos- its awesome to see the changes in photos when you can't see them in yourself.
**Enjoy the journey. If I treated it as a destination and only enjoyed that I would have missed so many life opportunities and lessons.

I didn't have any idea or I would have never been able to predict how far I come. This was not in my wildest dream. I have never been this small as an adult. so to me, you just never know where you can go until you push yourself to get there. I would have laughed if someone would have told me that I would have run two half marathons in 28 days recently. I never thought I would do one. I would have laughed at someone had they told me that I would be wearing the size I am now. Just keep believing that anything is possible if you work hard enough and stay focused.

If you need some motivation or what not, feel free to add me.

=) bobbi jo

Replies

• mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for sharing you are really inspiring. You look so healthy now, you must be so proud :flowerforyou:
  • MaroneLotz
    MaroneLotz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! You have done an extraordinary job. You look simply amazing. I have about 180lb to lose, but when I look at that huge number, my throat starts to close up. So I prefer to look at how much I have lost already in one short month. Thank you for sharing and being a huge inspiration to me.
  • mikemsu
    mikemsu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing new life. You look great. It's not an easy journey but one well worth it.
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Keep doing what you are doing :)
  • Fat_Bride93
    Options
    Wow that's amazing! Well done you! You've really made me think that my goal of 6st in 3 years (before my wedding) is doable! Thank you for sharing your story :)
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations!
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! Congratulations!
  • JayPeazy
    JayPeazy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Request sent!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Amazng job! Persistent and dedication pays off :smile:
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    So awesome, really well done!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    WOW!
  • geminside
    geminside Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an inspiration... You are amazing!!!
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! Congrats!
  • sarahjanescobie
    sarahjanescobie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    amazing! well done. you look absolute fabulous :-)
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Sure doesn't look the same in the picture. Big change.

COngratulations!
  • Nature_Lover1552
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Congrats on your success... your hard work definitely paid off!! :smile:
  • ilizzyd
    ilizzyd Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Rock on with your bad self!!!!
  • pdawnfloyd
    pdawnfloyd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! Great job and thanks for sharing your insights along your journey.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!