Running Success Story with Pic

Options
MGreensides
MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
I picked up running last year when I decided to get healthy. I mainly chose running because it's something I never dreamed I could concur. I knew it would be a challenge, on my first run I couldn't run longer then 90 seconds without needing to stop. When I ran my first 5k I felt on top of the world, and knew I was hooked. Fast forward less then one year, this past weekend I ran my first half marathon in a chip time of 2:28:04 and that same feeling of pride was there. During that year we moved across the Country, had to find a new running community, and I have a 2 year old. No excuses!!

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" T.S Eliot

url=http://s169.photobucket.com/user/mbroderick80/media/d2796ec6-72dd-4c62-8072-9aca50f07d86_zpsefaa8f3a.jpg.html]d2796ec6-72dd-4c62-8072-9aca50f07d86_zpsefaa8f3a.jpg[/url]

Replies

• Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Great job!! :)

I can't wait to get to the point of running more than a minute or two. I also have a 2 year old! :D
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    good job!

I am hopping to complete my first half marathon next year =)
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! I'm doing a half in August!
  • BChanFit
    BChanFit Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Way to go and congrats on a great finish time! Its been fun getting to know you through MFP and our mutual love of running. :) Keep it up!
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    super..like the saying too.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!!
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Love it! Congratulations. :)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congrats! I'm running my second 5K on Monday. I want to get a 10K in before the end of the year.
  • MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Keep on running
  • LuckyLynell
    LuckyLynell Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesomesauce! That's a great achievement!

I started running last year too. I ran my first 5k on Labor Day in 2013, did my first 10k on Easter weekend 2014, and have registered to run in my first half marathon on Nov. 16, 2014. The plan is to keep running and hopefully do a full marathon next year.

75c8f7f2-a2df-4947-b12d-82c6e7e67164_zps491be467.jpg
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    Good job, not as easy as it looks, and lots of training.
  • ariebs
    ariebs Posts: 1
    Options
    I feel like your story is a lot like mine, or how I imagine mine will be in a year. I just started a c25k program and I want to run a half marathon next year. I have a 2 year old and a 3 month old and we will be moving from South Carolina to Washington state in October. Thanks for your post it gives me even more motivation to see someone in a similar situation do it.
  • rebeccawesterfield5
    rebeccawesterfield5 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Super work, what an accomplishment! Love your 1/2 marathon socks!!
  • bigalfantasy2004
    bigalfantasy2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I have yet to run a 1/2 marathon race, but I've done 5k's and 10k's. You look like you had fun!
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! I JUST started running myself, because I haven't run since high school. Then I could do an 8 minute mile, but not anymore! I was just able to jog about 5.5 mph for five minutes straight. I am so ecstatic! I never thought I would get excited about running.

Good job :)
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You seriously rock!
  • brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! I can't wait to be there. I can't run a 5k yet but I can finally walk it without feeling like dying. Can't wait to be doing marathons. <3
  • tam6van
    tam6van Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job????! I remember that same feeling of my first 5k and first half marathon. ( and my first goal if running 5 minutes straight without feeling like my lungs were going to burst????). Keep up the great work!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!