Options
julez4774
julez4774 Posts: 80 Member
whats best weight to be to start insanity workout please

Replies

• Chickee8586
    Chickee8586 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Unless you have medical issues that need to be monitored, you can start it at any weight. But don't try to keep up with the people on the screen that pretty much do the workouts regularly. Do them at your pace. Push yourself, but don't try to kill yourself doing the whole thing at their level.

Do what you can, for the length of time you can. Then push to improve throughout the program.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Unless you have medical issues that need to be monitored, you can start it at any weight. But don't try to keep up with the people on the screen that pretty much do the workouts regularly. Do them at your pace. Push yourself, but don't try to kill yourself doing the whole thing at their level.

Do what you can, for the length of time you can. Then push to improve throughout the program.

^^^This.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    whats best weight to be to start insanity workout please

weight doesnt matter but i think you need a certain level of fitness before you start so that you dont burn out or injure yourself, insanity is pretty hardcore.
  • spartanliam115
    Options
    im not sure about the insanity workout but you might want to look into Freeletics its the workout i plan on starting in a few weeks.
    it seems better for me because my fitness is not good at the min and as long as you get the workout done in 1 sitting you can go at your own pace (it could take you 1h or it could take you 3h but as long as you get it done it dosent matter)
  • julez4774
    Options
    ok thank you have been doing wii fitness excercises and fitness dvds plus walking alot im 186 pounds 5 ft 4 want to get down by another 50 odd pounds
  • anallydiaz
    anallydiaz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I started at my heaviest of 225lbs and had not worked out in years!!!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    As a minimum, the program recommends you be able to run a mile without stopping and do at least ten pushups without stopping. That's a bare minimum though. As others have said, don't try to keep up with the folks on the screen. If you watch, even they take breaks in the middle of workouts occasionally, and these are marathoners and spin instructors.
  • Full4Life
    Full4Life Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Yes, this is true. Also, not even the people in the videos can do the WHOLE workout! Often, the camera will pan away and the person will simply collapse on the floor. You can catch them taking breaks if you look really closely.
  • cherrilovee
    cherrilovee Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter how much you weigh, as long as you take it slow. Don't try to do everything at the speed as the people on the screen, because well you may not be at their fitness level yet.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    you can do it at any weight. just be real about what you can and can not currently do. i would be especially carefully in the jumping movements and probably modify them in some way.

Shawn T is very motivating, but no one is there shouting at you to do something. in the end the program is as hard or as easy as your willing to make it.

if your tired, take a break. consider just doing the warm up for a few weeks to get you feet wet (its the hardest part anyway lol).
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking it's best not to attempt any high impact workouts when you are obese/very overweight, as your knees cannot safely handle the stress. And many of the moves in Insanity cannot be safely modified.

The program was put together for people who are already reasonably fit trying to get even fitter. Bear that in mind. It's not really designed as a weight loss program for people who are out of shape.
  • julez4774
    Options
    ok thank you for commerts will give it a try
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    the worst thing that would happen is you get injured, but that risk is there for everyone.

the second worst thing that can happen is that you will get discouraged, decide its too hard, and give up altogether without doing any exercise.

go into it with a back up plan that you can fall back on if you decide its too much for you now