Replies

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    true dat
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I'm in. So far today (Day 1) I have done 20, 10 and another 20.
    10 is comfortably aerobic, 15 I start to go anaerobic and 20 is my current threshold where I have to stop to breathe deeply to re-stabilise.

Hoping to build some stamina generally - especially as the burpee is a similar movement to the Ashtanga vinyasa - and to help promote some weight loss (about 20lbs fat to lose to ftrst assessment).

Uh oh - I can feel another 20 coming on ...

edit 1: another 20; that's 70 and counting ...
    edit 2: 20 more, just - 10 - more ...
    Get it!!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Got it!!!!
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    11:30
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Little low on energy or recoup today because it took me 8:10 to do 'em all today. Dang.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    are you doing your burpees with full push ups Mr Buff?
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    *kitten* dat

although I have been doing some burpees at home every day to get better at them
    long ways from 100 though
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    If I'm being honest, the form on my pushups vary slightly on reps. Sometimes I do a full one, sometimes a half one, sometimes I hit the ground all the way. But there is a push up in there.:wink:

IDEA Fitness member
  • Fat2FitMyDrive
    Fat2FitMyDrive Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've done as many as 200 in a row during a Spartan Race Hurricane Heat and that is not fun especially with a pack on your back full of water and a few other supplies. Just finished my 100 in 6:45 with a full push up in each destroyed the first 65 in less than 3:30sec, but the last 35 had me hurting! It's been a while since I've done that many at one shot I usually do them in sets of 30. Great workout got the blood pumping for sure!
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    If I'm being honest, the form on my pushups vary slightly on reps. Sometimes I do a full one, sometimes a half one, sometimes I hit the ground all the way. But there is a push up in there.:wink:

IDEA Fitness member

well said lol
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I did 50 in a super set with my DB flies- was going to do the other 50 between my lunges but ran out of time and really needed to get home.
    10 straight
    10 spider push up
    10 single leg R
    10 single leg L
    10 jump over the bench switch side burpees

Been a while since I've done A. supersets and B any number of burpees LMAO. Love doing burpee supersets- so great.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    wow, over the bench, thats not a half assed jump

did you do the whole burpee single leg or just the push up?

sounds killer
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I've done as many as 200 in a row during a Spartan Race Hurricane Heat and that is not fun especially with a pack on your back full of water and a few other supplies. Just finished my 100 in 6:45 with a full push up in each destroyed the first 65 in less than 3:30sec, but the last 35 had me hurting! It's been a while since I've done that many at one shot I usually do them in sets of 30. Great workout got the blood pumping for sure!
    You ROCK!!!

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Okay, I fatigued today after this morning. My attempt at 100 was over 8 minutes today. But YAY for the calorie burn!

IDEA Fitness member
  • charlyndria
    Options
    I'm in! That can be apart of my morning workout.
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I did 25 before my workout and 25 after my workout. (I have to admit the 1st 25 were much prettier...) I'll get my 100 today for sure!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    wow, over the bench, thats not a half assed jump

did you do the whole burpee single leg or just the push up?

sounds killer

whole burpee single leg.

- it's a great push up/plank type mod.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Did them in 7:39 today! I gassed near the end!

IDEA Fitness member
  • Nates_girl14
    Options
    I'll work up to 100. Never done one in my life so I did 20 and I gotta say it wasn't pretty..lol no push up cos I just did my weights for the day and can't make my arms work for that right this minute.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I split them up today due to time constraint at work (I had to do a workshop during the time I usually get in some extra exercise) between my client and class.
    So I did 50 in the morning, then 50 when I got home this evening. Didn't even bother timing it.

IDEA Fitness member
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Oooohh....I may have to give this a go. I do burpees in boot camp class twice a week, but usually only 10 at a time. I can't do the jump at the end due to a back issue, but I usually stand up at and throw my arms over my head and do a little tippy-toe kind of extension, if that makes sense. As close as I can get to jumping. I doubt I can do 100 straight right now, but I can start with sets and work up from there.

Here's an interesting variation you can try: Start as normal, drop into the push-up position. Now, spread your legs in a V. Cross the right leg over the left ankle ( so you're legs are off to the side a little bit). Now do your normal push-up. Place the right leg back into the V position, and stand up and finish as normal. Next rep, do the same, except cross the left leg over the right during the push-up. This technique hits the obliques a bit more and throws something different into the mix to alleviate boredom.

Have fun!