What counts as a Jumping Jack?

Options
I know, I know. Basic kindergarten exercise. But the jumping Jacks I learned then were different than the ones I used in marching band (which may or may not be the same they did in ROTC). The ones I've been doing since marching band (okay, okay--you got me. I probably did about 30 since high school, 20 of them about 10 minutes ago. Anyways...) were a 1-2-3 count.

1. Arms up, legs apart.
2. Arms down, legs together.
3. Arms up, legs apart, and bringing them back down and together would count as one set.

I am by NO MEANS a fitness expert, I won't even pretend I am. I abhor exercise, but chasing an 11 month old baby just isn't enough anymore to cut the fat and keeping my heart going.

So, I guess what I'm really trying to get at, does doing 10 sets "my way" count as 10 or 30? I know this site's tracker goes by minutes, not sets, but as endurance training, I'd like to see how many I can do after awhile, not how long I can keep it up. If that makes sense.

Replies

• GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    well the army one's r a set. whereas each 1 is considered a jumping jack.

yeah i know what u're talkin abt when u said military style. 1-2-3, 1! 1-2-3, 2! 1-2-3, 3! that would b 3sets of jumpin jacks but each one done is a jumpin jack

hope this helps! :flowerforyou:
  • floridabootcamp
    Options
    1. Arms up, legs apart.
    2. Arms down, legs together.

This counts as 1 jumping jack but there are several ways of counting each exercise. In most cases this is how they will be counted. The military is getting you ready for war so they count 3 or 4 as 1 to make it harder.
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    just make sure your arms are straight and you touch your fingertips!
  • JordansMomma210
    Options
    @floridabootcamp, I know get what you mean! And that makes me think my marching band instructor was that much more cynical...xD We were preparing for a competition,not war! LOL! :D
  • floridabootcamp
    Options
    lol...maybe he/she just wanted military precision!