Is my scale BROKEN!?!?!?!

Options
I'm so frustrated with my bathroom scale (digital scale). I can weigh 3 times back to back to back and get 3 different weights sometimes varying by as much as 3 pounds :O

That doesn't work for me at all. Does anyone know a good brand scale that is pretty much always spot on? Also if you can tell me where you bought it that would be a huge help. Thx

Replies

• RadScorp
    RadScorp Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Are you from the UK? If so Argos has a lot of pretty decent scales (I usually go by the reviews on there) I've bought all of my scales from there and I've been happy with all of them, cheap too :)
  • TheIrish1981
    TheIrish1981 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in the U.S.A.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've had this scale for about 3 years now and it works great.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Healthometer-LED-Split-Mat-Bath-Scale/10264542
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! Just got a new scale today and if I step on it with my right foot first, it's 2 lbs heavier than if I lead with my left foot. :huh:
  • TheIrish1981
    TheIrish1981 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It is crazy though.....I even weighed a case of water on it which should be 32 pounds but it weighed it at 35.2 pounds, then at 33.8 pounds, then at 37.6 pounds. UGH!!!
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    sounds like it is off. go for a analog one next time, they may not be 100% accurate but they will be consistent, and that is what matters in terms of tracking progress
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Remove the battery from it, then stand on it again. After that, replace the battery and try again 3 times to see if it works.

If you get different weights that are off by more than the designated +/- (mine is +/- 0.2 lbs), then yes, its borked!