What if its not fat?

Options
I have had 3 kids I always gained the right amount of weight but I stretched out a lot. What if my lower belly bulge is extra skin and not fat? How can I tell the difference and will exercise help get rid of it? I don't want to set myself up with unrealistic goals if at the end of the day the only way to get rid of my mommy pooch is surgery which I won't do. Thanks for any answers.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    If it is just skin it's pretty flat...not a bulge.

As for getting rid of it resistence training with a calorie deficit helps get rid of it along with time.

I had a child (one) and my skin does not stretch well either, then yo yo'd for 20 years the same 20-40lbs and had quite the pooch...

after 9 months of lifting and eating at a deficit mine is all but disappeared...no flap nothing...mind you the skin is still a little lose...but it's coming...which takes time.
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 children and I have the mommy pooch, but you wouldn't see it if I was wearing my bikini underwear. So my experience is that it can get close to non-existent with regular exercise and proper diet. I'm 38 and had my last child when I was 30. If I am in table top position, my belly skin will sag, but not too terribly. I do have some fat still (I think I'm around 28%), which is perfectly normal for women. Estrogen makes us plump and soft compared to our male counterparts. I do have stretch marks and I believe that means my skin will never be tight like it used to be. I've slowly come to accept that the scars of motherhood are nothing to be ashamed of. My body was able to do something miraculous.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Skin is very thin. If you can pinch an inch, it is fat.