Perfect on Plan and No Loss :-(

Options
Two weeks of perfect Low Carb healthy eating. No loss. I'm losing motivation. Any thoughts?

Replies

• DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Two weeks of perfect Low Carb healthy eating. No loss. I'm losing motivation. Any thoughts?
    Weight loss is about calorie deficit. Are you at a deficit?
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Just going to state the obvious, your plan wasn't perfect then

Good luck on your journey

:flowerforyou:
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options

It's only been two weeks. Patience is key. also make sure you're weighing/measuring everything that you eat.
  • alexandriamarino
    alexandriamarino Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    yes, patience. what is your exercise plan? also, you have SO FEW veggies and fruits! i know you said low carb -- what was your reasoning there? (not knocking it if it works for you, but i worry about vitamins a little)
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Low carb is not magic. It is a way of eating. If you enjoy eating that way, continue. If you don't like it and you're only doing it to drop weight quickly, stop and return to a way of eating you prefer.

No matter which eating plan you choose, you still have to eat fewer calories than you expend.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I noticed that most days you are way under your calorie goal (not to mention even your carb and protein goal). Try eating more. I would also try to get a bigger variety of food in there. You need some level of carbs to provide energy and protein/fat to be full, not to mention maintain lean muscle.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not bad. Neither are fat and protein. I'd look for balance more than exclusion of any macro. And as noted above, fruits and vegetables, both good for you, are almost entirely carbs.

I only looked at 3 days of your diary. The most obvious thing is that you seem to go from fast food place to fast food place, with I think one exception. Personally, I'd aim for more "real" food that I prepared at home so I could both control and measure the ingredients.

As to your original question, it all comes down to a calorie deficit. If you're not losing, it's because you're not at deficit. Now you need to figure out why. It could be a medical condition, but the odds are that it's not. More likely, you are underestimating how many calories you're eating.
  • omgliam
    omgliam Posts: 5
    Options
    I tried low carb a few years ago while I was working out like crazy. It was fairly effective - I dropped 50 lbs in a matter of 4-5 months. Unsurprisingly, as soon as I stopped low carb it all rocketed back on to my body.

This last September I decided to start using MFP while tracking calories - and only calories. No complicated ****, no 40/40/20 macro break downs, none of that. Go out and enjoy the sunshine and eat less than the number MFP tells you. I haven't logged any of the exercising I do, nor do I account for it here on MFP as I don't entirely trust their calorie amounts.

Since September, I've lost 81 lbs at approximately 2 lbs a week. I still enjoy a huge variety of foods, and I still get to enjoy life. I won't mentally quit after having a "bad day."

Just keep your chin up and trust your body, it'll do it's work if you do yours :)
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    How are you today? I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I would LOVE to support you on your fitness journey. I am a certified fitness coach who is here to help individuals achieve their goals. If you'd like to know more, I'd love to chat!

Why don't you do it in this thread and then maybe we can all benefit from your wisdom?
  • ybee1991
    ybee1991 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    How are you today? I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I would LOVE to support you on your fitness journey. I am a certified fitness coach who is here to help individuals achieve their goals. If you'd like to know more, I'd love to chat!

Why don't you do it in this thread and then maybe we can all benefit from your wisdom?

*chuckles in corner*
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

It's been just a couple weeks.

How do you know PERFECT? Have you weighed everything and kept full datasets?

How can you be successful without commitment? Losing motivation after 2 weeks, when many times it takes months to cause any real change may be an indicator that you should review your commitment, and really think about why you are doing what you are doing.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options

It's only been two weeks. Patience is key. also make sure you're weighing/measuring everything that you eat.

+1
  • Branstin
    Options
    Low carb is not magic. It is a way of eating. If you enjoy eating that way, continue. If you don't like it and you're only doing it to drop weight quickly, stop and return to a way of eating you prefer.

No matter which eating plan you choose, you still have to eat fewer calories than you expend.

+1
  • sadiebea25
    sadiebea25 Posts: 72
    Options
    I just looked at a few days, I saw a lot of eating out, meat, cheese and heavy cream. Why not add in some carbs, fruits, veggies, etc, but maintain a deficit? Cook at home instead of hitting McDonald's in the morning? Variety is healthy, and you'll be able to sustain it longer. Do you have a food scale? Are you weighing everything? Hitting your macros?
  • Branstin
    Options

It's been just a couple weeks.

How do you know PERFECT? Have you weighed everything and kept full datasets?

How can you be successful without commitment? Losing motivation after 2 weeks, when many times it takes months to cause any real change may be an indicator that you should review your commitment, and really think about why you are doing what you are doing.

+1
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

Well, she can't sell her products or services on the forums, so better off to do it via a PM and not risk her account being shut down!
  • adry20
    adry20 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, you eat a lot of processed foods, most of which contain ingredients that our bodies do not recognize and get stored as fat. On a side note, I'm personally a starchivore, 60-80% of my calories come from complex carbs. Our bodies need carbs for energy but not the crappy carbs like processed breads and junk food, but healthy carbs from fruits, veggies, rice, beans, legumes, etc... Read the book The Starch Solution. Good luck!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, you eat a lot of processed foods, most of which contain ingredients that our bodies do not recognize and get stored as fat.

Do you have any peer reviewed research references supporting this claim of yours?

It's rather spurious.
  • adry20
    adry20 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Not at this time, I do not but I bet if you researched yourself you could find it ;)
    Looking at your diary, you eat a lot of processed foods, most of which contain ingredients that our bodies do not recognize and get stored as fat.

Do you have any peer reviewed research references supporting this claim of yours?

It's rather spurious.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    2mrwegy.gif