NO MORE SLEEP APNEA / CPAP!

Options
I have had Sleep Apnea for years and over 4 years ago my Dr put me on a CPAP machine. I had a sleep study done on December 4th, 2010 and today I received a phone call from my Dr informing me that there was no more Sleep Apnea in my study. I do not need to use my CPAP for sleeping anymore. What an awesome, awesome feeling. I am jtumping over the moon on this one. Loosing weight is AWESOME but when you add this to it, it's just un-describe-able!!!!

Replies

• nikicoleman
    nikicoleman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and well done!!! What a great reward. :)
  • MarieZap
    Options
    That is sooo good to hear!!! I recently signed up for myfitnesspal, and i believe i do have sleep apnea as well ( though it has never been officially diagnosed, i do have all the symptoms) I am currently at 178, and am looking forward to meeting my goal of 140 by summer. In the past, i have been told that whenever i lose even 10 lbs, my snoring is reduced immensely...i can't wait until i can get a good night's sleep without waking up every half hour!! Congrats on the weight loss and being free of your sleep apnea!!
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Yayyyyyyyyy!:happy:
  • lulu_beans
    lulu_beans Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I would love to show this post to my fiance. He is closing in on 500 #s and has sleep apnea really bad. I told him that I wanted to see him lose weight to be healthier, have a longer life with the kids, and to hopefully get off the machine (it makes it hard for him to cuddle with me at night), and he told me that he would have apnea for the rest of his life, and losing weight wouldn't help. You are proof that it does!!!

Congratulations! and thank you!
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!! Congrats...you have come a long way and that is wonderful!!!!!!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    How encouraging!

I've just been over to your page and am so impressed by your journey. Very inspiring! Go you!!!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I was on the verge of getting a CPAP, it's what got me started on fitness. I works,,, good for you. Congratulations.
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    That's excellent!!!! Girl you look amazing, so happy for ya! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • quentien3
    quentien3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    This is really encouraging!

Life delivers little dittys like this to reinforce the assurance of you making one of the most important decisions in your life. Adopting a healthy life style.
  • Linshizzle
    Options
    THAT IS TERRIFIC!!! HORRAY FOR YOU!!! CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS AS WELL!!! SUCH AN INSPIRATION!!!
  • myhrmiswrong
    myhrmiswrong Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My sleep apneas also stopped when I lost the weight. If a 63 year old man can lose 120 lbs (and keep it off for nearly a year now) just by changing his diet, walking and/or exercising every day for 30 mins-1 hr, and tracking everything on MFP, anyone can!
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    That's so exciting! I was just diagnosed with sleep apnea and they also told me that it could improve with weight loss but my doctor said that's not likely for me because mine is cause by my lower jaw being too far back (its looking like surgery for me) :frown: but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed cause there's a chance it might help....
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Loosing weight was fantastic all by itself, because we all want to look better. But what you have done was to improve your quality of life. That is truly beautiful.
  • 25anniversary2011
    25anniversary2011 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your praise and congratulations to all of you that have also gotten rid of that uncomfortable machine and lost weight. Lets all continue with this wonderful journey . . .
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    All the more motivation for me! I'd love to ditch my machine. Thanks for posting!
  • puddles76
    puddles76 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That is sooo good to hear!!! I recently signed up for myfitnesspal, and i believe i do have sleep apnea as well ( though it has never been officially diagnosed, i do have all the symptoms) I am currently at 178, and am looking forward to meeting my goal of 140 by summer. In the past, i have been told that whenever i lose even 10 lbs, my snoring is reduced immensely...i can't wait until i can get a good night's sleep without waking up every half hour!! Congrats on the weight loss and being free of your sleep apnea!!

Although loosing weight can reduce or even eliminate sleep apnea if you have all the signs it's still good to get checked out. Sleep apnea is not just found in people who carry extra weight. I have seen rail thin people have it and more and more studies show that apnea is not something to ignore.
  • MarieZap
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, Puddles. I do have an appointment on the nineteenth that will hopefully result in me being referred to the sleep therapy division of my health care provider. I am really hoping losing weight will aid me in controlling my sleep apnea more easily :)
  • 25anniversary2011
    Options
    I was told that loosing weight would improve my sleep apnea but that until I had my tonsils removed that I would more than likely still have it even after weight loss. I was too chicken to have a tonsillectomy but turns out I didn't need it after all. A lot of thin people also have sleep apnea but the majority of overweight people suffer from it without even knowing. I believe that I had sleep apnea for years before I got diagnosed. Lack, poor sleep also aids in weight gain. YES do have a sleep study done, it is the only way to affirm what you believe.
  • 25anniversary2011
    Options
    My sleep apneas also stopped when I lost the weight. If a 63 year old man can lose 120 lbs (and keep it off for nearly a year now) just by changing his diet, walking and/or exercising every day for 30 mins-1 hr, and tracking everything on MFP, anyone can!

Amen! Congratulations to you too.
  • 25anniversary2011
    Options
    Loosing weight was fantastic all by itself, because we all want to look better. But what you have done was to improve your quality of life. That is truly beautiful.

Thank you so much!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!