Quorn

Options
I just wanted to reccommend Quorn as an alternative to meat. I'm not a veggie but I love this stuff. You can get it from Safeway now in the freezer section and it comes in the form of sausages, mince and ready made food such as shepherds pie and lasagne. In england it comes in the form of chicken fillets, burgers and chicken style chunks. it's made from mushroom protein and it costs you virtually nothing in calories etc. Fabulous stuff!

Replies

• takethepieces
    Options
    I love Quorn and eat it all the time. I love meat but it's easier and cheaper than buying fresh chicken and such. I do weight watchers and it's much lower in points too. I love the Peppered Steaks which are only 1.5 points or 3 propoints for anyone doing WW.
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Mom my is a vegetarian, and brought one of the Quorn products (chixn with gruyere I believe) last Thanksgiving instead of the turkey the rest of us were having. Poor thing had to load up on veggies instead, as two of the four grandchildren ate the two servings that she brought. I have not tried them yet, but if that isn't a testimonial (the two that ate them are the pickiest eaters in the entire family).
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    oh I loved quorn. It has dairy in it and I'm vegan so I can't do it, but for vegetarians I recommend it too. Maybe somebody they will have a vegan one. :cry: