What clothes will you buy when you're at your target weight?

Options

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'm at my goal weight, and I had to buy a whole work wardrobe when I reached that point because it's important to look polished at my office. Trousers, blazers, skirts, dresses, blouses, etc. I got a dressy navy wool coat to replace my too-big one and a little leather one too. Had to buy new bras and new jeans, too...and swimsuits and running gear. I still wear most of my old casual stuff around the house, hoodies and tee shirts and yoga pants, but virtually everything else had to be replaced. And then a lot of it had to get tailored because a lot of "professional" women's clothing is just cut so big.

I'm on the short side and now pretty petite, and wearing too-big clothes really made me look like a young teenager. I had to get stuff that fit so I looked like an adult with a job, haha.

The stuff that's actually fun to buy is the trendy stuff now, though. It's been awesome to be able to buy crop tops this spring, for example. It feels great to wear whatever's in fashion without feeling uncomfortable. I've never been technically overweight but being slim and less curvy makes everything I buy look better.
  • Ariadne83
    Ariadne83 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Really soft cotton strechy dresses like a couple I used to have that made me feel so pretty. I think now theyre called bodycon dresses? They were super fitted, bright and feminine, straight out of Malibu Barbie's closet. I want some cute cutoff jeans shorts and a cool pair of galaxy Black Milk leggings (and the mermaid ones too because hello?). A skater skirt or two and I am also so ready to start a collection of knitted knee-highs and thigh-highs. Watch out world! Lol

I'm with you on the Malibu Barbie dresses, I love dresses like that too. Maybe more St Tropez Barbie since I live in a cold climate, not too bright but definitely fitter and feminine and flattering. Love clothes like that. :)
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My big splurge will be the Mackage Kenya, its $600 but i've been wanting it FOREVER.

brand-new-with-mackage-kenya-leather-jacket-in-black-sz-small-400-downtown-vancouver-richmond-metrotown_5661216.jpg

I also want a nice pair of jeans, a pair of fryes, and the aritzia trooper jacket.
  • Yep_imchicbad
    Yep_imchicbad Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    some custom bikinis for my competition.
  • MamaGraff
    MamaGraff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just went shopping last weekend after I realized my clothes look too big! I splurged and bought some really nice Lululemon pants as well as dress pants( for work) and a cute hoodie from PINK. I even found really nice jeans on sale at American Eagle. I love that I finally fit a size 9/10. Its been years!!!! Shopping is definately more fun when you are smaller but its costly because I need lots. Next on the list is bras!!! haha
    Only about 5 or 6 more pounds to hit my goal...yay
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    moisture wicking shirts a lot of them. moisture wicking shorts a lot of them. that's all. I just want running clothes.
  • emmooney235
    emmooney235 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm planning a modcloth, zulilly, white house black market, and bettie page shopping spree. I have found that if I'm having a "bad" day a stop by modcloth and adding to my "love it" list gets me back on track.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Bathing suit, shorts, skirts
  • drich1989
    drich1989 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Everything!!!!!!! I cant wait to buy dresses, shorts, t-shirts and a really nice pair of designer jeans. I want all of it. Clothes shopping will be a totally different game when things actually fit.
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Lingerie. =)

This :D
  • DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Excellent thread! I'm saving for a clothes spending spree when I reach my target weight! That should probably be mid to late summer at my current rate, so the first thing will be some shorts & tank tops.

Fall is my favorite season though, so when fall is closer I'm gonna buy some cute sweaters, boots, corduroys, scarves, etc. :)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I won't buy any new clothes, I'll wear the ones I already have and give anything too big to Goodwill.
  • pavenewpaths
    Options
    Before I gained twenty pounds back, at about 160 pounds, I bought an entirely new wardrobe. About four pairs of pants, three new blouses, four band shirts, two vests, and a blazer. None of these fit me very well now and I haven't worn any of them at all. So i'm excited to be able to wear those!

But the number one thing I'm looking forward to buying is a dungaree!
  • lrpxo
    lrpxo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When i get to my dream weight (61 lbs time) i want a rocking bikini.... never had one. always been too self conscious of looking like a whale.

that and a pair of killer skinny jeans. (legs currently look like fat sausages in them)

feel free to add me!! xx
  • MsLaToya30
    MsLaToya30 Posts: 29
    Options
    Honey I am going to buy some really really short shorts and show off my pretty toned legs!!! :smile:
  • MsLaToya30
    MsLaToya30 Posts: 29
    Options
    I have to agree with the Bikini, I'm getting me one as well
  • angeliis02
    angeliis02 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I want a nice fitted button up shirt. Currently all of my shirts are pull over or the button ups I do have I wear unbuttoned so they won't gap over my belly and boobs. Also some pretty flowy skirts that show my awesome legs.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I wanna add a sideways tilt to this thread.

JASPER!! Thank you for creating such an awesome topic.

Im a clothes horse..(no pun intended) Now ya wouldnt think that 'zactly possible for somebody that's been over 300 for 20 years would ya? Im also 6' tall ...long well muscled and defined legs "up to there" as the saying goes. Ive had a ton of surgeries and Ive got titanium pins plates screws and joints from my neck to my toes.

Now with that said...my first act upon reaching goal is this. I have clothes to donate. Now when I say clothes.....Im not kidding. I have no less than 100 pair of jeans..in every color made. I have at least that many dress pants, in every color, texture, material and cut made. I have silk jacket shirts numbering 50 or so. I have V neck Tshirts with 3/4 sleeves in every color from white to black.(100-150) I have regular T in same. I have long sleeve or 3/4 sleeve dressy type blouses. As if that's not bad enough....I have two lawn and leaf type bags FILLED with panties...all colors, all styles, all materials. (NEVER been worn). I have at least 2 more of those same size bags of bras...colors, textures, cuts whites front hook back hook sports etc. Almost none of these clothes and lady things are more than 2 years old. A lot, as you can well imagine have never been worn...but Ive always said "Someday........." blah blah blah which is how Ive amassed so damn much.

...so as I near to goal...this **** gets donated to whoever wants it.

My new wardrobe purchases will be knee high high heeled boots, lots of super high heeled shoes in all kinda colors, sneakers galore. Jean Jeans Jeans....just not "skinny" jeans. No dresses. Lots of dress pants. Lots n lots of feminine pastel frilly girly blouses.

Jackets...leather / suede. One thing Ive always wanted was a fringe leather duster...to the FLOOR ...OMG Ive wanted one for so long.

And fancy lacey "lady things" LOL. I swear a woman can never have enough lacy frilly pretty things

Im the type of person who would never ever wear the same "outfit" twice if I had my way. My fiance' does not appreciate that attribute when he goes to the closet and wants something. One of my major issues here is......Im partially color blind and though I love pastels best...I cant detect variants in pinks / peaches....blues/greens/browns/blacks. I have to hang clothes by color or I tend to carry a "generic" top or jacket with me in case I miss the mark.

Sorry to ramble but clothes are a passion of mine. I always said that GOD would never allow me to be thin, HE knows how'd I dress if I was skinny/thin :drinker: :blushing:
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    Nothing. I will go naked everywhere. lol
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    We'll be living in Hawaii by the time I hit my weight. I suppose a cute skirt ? Maybe some shorts I wouldn't normally wear.