Help Me Understand

Options
Someone please help me understand. I am trying to calculate the number of calories in a recipe I've created. I get how the calorie per serving is calculated (# of servings/total calories). But, what I don't get is how do I determine HOW MUCH is a serving???? Do I just make sure that each serving has equal portions?? I don't want to sit there and count each pasta for each serving. HELP!

Replies

• CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    Depends on what it is. For soups and things I usually use a measurments (a cup, cup and half) for other dishes I'll do a weight.
  • dfayne
    dfayne Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,

I had that same issue yesterday. I was making Rotini with garden veggies, in a tomato sauce. The box contained 8 servings. I measured the pasta in 8 bowls (before cooking) and then cooked only the servings I needed for that recipe. In this case I used 3 servings of dry pasta, so I proceeded to measure 1/3c each of the veggies. along with the ingredients for the tomato sauce.
    In the end I did my best guess with some of the nutritional facts ie, vitamin a, c thiamin niacin ..... I think the most important components are the calories, fat, fiber ,sugars, sodium, protein and Carbs. I hope this was helpful.