I've had a terrible history with losing weight

Options
I've been on diets lots in my life. I might lose some, but I end up falling off the wagon and gaining it back. I can't stand the sight of myself anymore.

I'm going to need lots of support if I'm finally going to do this right. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to let you stop this time. I'm going to stay on your *kitten* about it and I know I'm going to get on your last nerve but you are going to love me for it when you hit certain milestones. I know at some point you'll forgive me for bothering you all the time about logging on here. we can start walking together or doing exercise videos together. I think I'm going to invest in an HRM, something cheap cause I'm poor, but if you're interested I'll let you know what ones I'm looking at and what I end up buying. we are going to finish this out together. neither of us are going to quit this time!
  • GottaGetThisRight
    GottaGetThisRight Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • natrtaylor
    natrtaylor Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hiiii sameee! That is why I am back on here :) Unfortunately, my mom has an eating disorder and as a result I've grown up with some wonky self-image issues. I spent years of my life believing I was fat when I was between 118-128 lbs (I'm 5'5"...).. Now I actually DO need to lose weight and have needed to for about a year and a half (I am 150 lbs now) and it has been so hard for me to do. I'm NOT effing quitting this time. Happy we can support each other here. <3
  • nancytyc
    nancytyc Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    First......DON'T GO ON A DIET!!!!!.....Sounds as if you have been struggling with weight issues for some time? If that is the case, do you think that one day you will hit your goal weight and all those weight issues will magically disappear? We have all fallen into "diet despair". Don't see this time as going on a diet, see it as making a permanent change to your lifestyle. Chose a way of eating that will stay you for the remainder of your life. Set goals for eating healthy, and then set goals for exercising and THEN set goals for losing some weight. Tomorrow, tell yourself that you are going to eat a large plate of fresh raw vegetables and put your meat and starch on a small coffee cup plate, add a 40 minute brisk walk just before you eat (stops cravings and reduces hunger), and don't worry about the weight. The weight will worry about itself if you take care of the other steps. See, no diet!!
  • hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have to say I agree with the no diet thing. I know I don't make the best food choices, but If I had actually cut out the things that I love (like chocolate) I would have given up by now. and giving things up is exactly what a diet is. its more cutting down on portion sizes and making things you love less unhealthy with tweaks. like no more baking cakes or brownies with oil, just switching out the oil for unsweetened apple sauce cuts the calories and fat down by a lot! I also sub oats for bread crumbs in things like stuffed peppers and meat loaf for the higher fiber content. small changes go a long way. : ]

p..s I know this does not go in hand with the op topic, but I'm just saying.
  • ejay75
    ejay75 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi, me too & always gained more than I lost :(...I have been using Mfp as a lifestyle change too rather than a diet, im still having everything I used to love but in moderation & better choices where I can, I log everything too which really helps, I am on here everyday so anyone can add me if it helps, good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this :)
  • nikole21212
    nikole21212 Posts: 50
    Options
    Im adding you!
  • GottaGetThisRight
    GottaGetThisRight Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump