What clothes will you buy when you're at your target weight?

Options

Replies

• marisarinde
    marisarinde Posts: 54
    Options
    I thought this was a thread about buying clothes at Target.

I did too at first! :laugh:
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I have my eye on a certain bikini and bright pink dress!
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    stylish merkin
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Honestly I'm going to be a little sad to get rid of some of my fat clothes. I never let my size hold me back - I have lots of sexy, cute, and functional outfits, that I feel really good in. I have dresses, skirts, adorable tops, etc.

Same I probably wore some things I shouldn't have but whatever I love clothes.

But what I want to buy is a really nice leather biker style jacket. I never thought they looked good on my body type but I recently got a cheap pleather one after not that much weight loss and it looks good so I think in the fall I am going to splurge and get a real one. Also I want a pair of expensive real denim jeans not spandex blend jeans 100% cotton with yellow stitching.
  • RToland45
    RToland45 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Already purchased it....bikini! Use it for motivation!
  • ybee1991
    ybee1991 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    jeans, shorts, and leggings. all of my old shirts/skirts still fit, but they'll look better :).
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm far away from my goal, but I am hoping my feet shrink a bit and I will have an easier time finding shoes.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Honestly I'm going to be a little sad to get rid of some of my fat clothes. I never let my size hold me back - I have lots of sexy, cute, and functional outfits, that I feel really good in. I have dresses, skirts, adorable tops, etc.

I feel kind of the same way. It's been bittersweet getting rid of some things. The only thing that has made it easier is realizing that some stuff just doesn't work after a certain point. I had this "little black dress" in a size 22 that was sooooo flattering & perfect on me, but when I got down to an 18 it just looked SAD. I still have a big chest and huge hips/bum even now at size 12-14, but that dress even with a belt just made me look like i had no curves and it sagged in all the wrong spots. So sad.

I've enjoyed buying several 'new to me' styles like skinny jeans and certain types of tops, and I'm a lot more confident in skirts/dresses without layering them w/ cardigans now...but I never felt like "Nope, there aren't cute clothes for me" not even when I wore 3X. I had some pretty fabulous clothes. I lost everything in a tornado back in 2011 and I STILL think about some of the adorable outfits I had then, even though they would be way too big for me now.
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'll have to do a stocktake once I get there. I kept my all my favourite and best quality clothes from when I was at a good weight, and need to see what I have with fresh eyes.
    Probably more shorts and a few easy care, easy wear dresses. I do love a fitted Tee with a funny print so maybe more of those.
    I hope to be around my goal weight at the height of our summer (it's autumn here), so a fair bit of time to think about it.
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    A nice pair of jeans
    A new bathing suit
    A super cute dress
    Some new bras and panties
    Some new lingerie
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, totally agree with other ladies - new underwear. :-D Lots of it.
  • angeliis02
    angeliis02 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

So I don't think there's anything I'm looking forward to buying - except maybe smaller bras - these straps about kill me.

Me too. I had a bit of a hard time coming up with an answer because I buy clothes I love now. I more love the fact I'll be able to shop in more brick and mortar stores so I can try things on and do less online shopping. It's hard in my little town to find clothes to fit me and not look like something Granny would wear.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    More clothes than I know what to do with, I want to have choices in clothes......FINALLY.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    :heart: shopping
  • ninja8tofu
    ninja8tofu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've been buying a lot of things already, as I went along so new clothes isn't really a big deal to me. My favorite thing is that I am now able to knit myself much much smaller sweaters and since I buy expensive yarn, that means, I will have to buy less of the yarn to make a sweater. That's what makes me most excited as far as clothing goes.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I would like to buy some expensive jeans, and have them tailored to fit me perfectly. It's the dream.
  • frankizoy
    frankizoy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    swimsuit and dress
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    New suits. Do I dare dream of size 38 trousers? Would I, could I wear an XL shirt? I remember, long ago, wearing 17and 1/2 x 36 shirts. My chest was bigger than my waist then. The really odd thing is that I'm talking about things in the realm of probability, not fantasy! I'm moving from impossible dream to achievable goal.
  • chunt87
    chunt87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    SHORTS and tank tops, and wear a tank top without a cardigan.
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Bowling shirts. Tons of bowling shirts.