Any Ideas for fighting Carb cravings?

Options
Carbs are my weakness. I carve them all the time. If i'm going to crave anything its carbs instead fo sweets. Do any of you know is there anything else i can eat that will get rid of the craving? I have a malabsorption issue that dosn't allow my body to absorb vitamins as it should. My Vit D is at 6, no calsium or Vit C as of the last test. I currently take a prenatal Vit (not pregnant just a suggestion from a friend), 50,000 IU Vit D every other day, Vit C and calium daily. I have fibromyalgia, asthma, Colitis, and a blood disorder that makes my blood thicker than it should be. I have see many doctors but none can tell me why i cant absorb vitamins as i should just that i have the problem. So if anyone has any ideas about the carb thing or any other vitamins i should be taking that would be great.

3487030.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• JLeeAlton
    JLeeAlton Posts: 311
    Options
    Some people eat cinnamon on foods or take cinnamon capsules. Supposed to help with the cravings.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I had to train myself to enjoy other foods. The more fresh, organic fruits and vegetables you eat, the healthier you will be and the more you will enjoy them.
  • Knbrooks42
    Knbrooks42 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've just recently started making some microwavable bread that has considerably more protein than carbs. Idk if you are focusing on your ratios, and need help for carb cravings because of that, but this bread definitely fills me up and feeds my carb cravings.
  • serena22289
    serena22289 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was watching Dr. Oz the other day and they said that having carbs at 1pm will actually help control cravings for the rest of the day and since you're having them so early, you have the rest of the day to burn them off. Having whole wheat products always make me feel fuller and provides more nutritional value that white products so that'll help too. That way you don't have to completely deprive yourself but you won't over-indulge. I love my carbs too. :)
  • JLeeAlton
    JLeeAlton Posts: 311
    Options
    Another thing I have read is that if you eat more protein for breakfast and not many carbs, ie eggs instead of cereal, you will be less likely to crave carbs the rest of the day.
  • Knbrooks42
    Knbrooks42 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was watching Dr. Oz the other day and they said that having carbs at 1pm will actually help control cravings for the rest of the day and since you're having them so early, you have the rest of the day to burn them off. Having whole wheat products always make me feel fuller and provides more nutritional value that white products so that'll help too. That way you don't have to completely deprive yourself but you won't over-indulge. I love my carbs too. :)

I saw this exact same episode! lol