Vibro Plates.......... does it help?????

sadyia15
sadyia15 Posts: 76 Member
Hi everyone!

I received my vibro plate today..... it isnt the ones that have a moving plate like at the gym instead its got
a swivelling motion and the vibration is just that; a light shaking.

Wanted to know if anyone has seen a difference using one of these machines and if so which is better
the one I've bought or the ones with the moving plates.

There are so many mixed reviews online I'm not sure which is real..... if you no what I mean....... im just
thinking they could be written by the inventers of the product rather than real ppl,
false advertising and all that.

Another thing is the vibrations aren't very intense not like at the gym. I understand you get
what you pay for and the gym machines are more expensive but even so.

Any advice?

Replies

• sadyia15
    :smile:
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    If it is a passive movement device then i doubt. you have to actively move your body to get calorie burn,my humble opinion
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    I'm not sure what you're expecting it to do?

Since the vibrations are weaker, it should hopefully be less likely to cause you harm.

Remember to follow the manufacturer's guidelines and if I had to use it, I'd check up on the Health and Safety Executive Guidelines on how long people were legally allowed to make me use it for http://www.hse.gov.uk/vIBRAtIon/wbv/index.htm
  • I followed the strength and core workout on the power plate at my gym. I did it for about 2 months when I was new to exercise, it did help gain some strength and introduced me to resistance training but I also did 40 minutes of cardio on those days. I then moved on to weights. I did see a difference but I think this was more the cardio and calorie deficit than the power plate.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    The ones at the gym are good for stretching on, but I think that's about it.
  • sadyia15
    thanks guys im returning it now cos its faulty:indifferent: