Can i loose weight without working out?

Options
Hi guys, So i'm a 18 year old girl, i measure about 167 cm and last time i weighed in i was 55,5kg, my goal weight is 49/50 kg, my problem is, i have trouble sticking to a regular workout routine, like in a whole week i might go once or twice for a 30 minute jog and do some ab exercises but nothing that will make big change. I usually eat around 1300 calories per day, good thing is, i work as a waitress and don't have a car so i walk alot :tongue: Do you think i should add more exercises to my life or will i be able to get to my desired weight without working out alot?

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Your goal weight is underweight.....your current weight is already on the low end of the BMI. Any reason for such a low goal weight?
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    You can, but you will lose muscle and bone density too.
    Why not try to add some more simple movements, like walking a bit more.
    But your goal weight is not healthy according to BMI, you're already on the very low end.
    I don't think it's good for you to lose more.
  • bbunny95
    bbunny95 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    no special reason, i just think im very bulky and i could slim down a little bit more
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I doubt very much at your weight that you are bulky at all. You are possibly skinny fat which makes you look flabby...exercise (weights/resistance training) will help increase lean body mass and you will look smaller and you do not have to eat less to do this.
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yes. Whether it is the optimal way for you to achieve what I suspect you want to achieve or not is a different question and one I would answer in the negative.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you struggle with binge eating. I suggest seeking professional help.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Your current bmi is 19, and you want to get down to 17.
    You are suffering from a distorted self-image, get help.
  • bbunny95
    bbunny95 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Okay i see that i probably have a problem, sorry for disturbing you guys i'm seriously trying to get better but it's hard, i won't try to loose more weight, thanks for the replies :ohwell:
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    If that is you in your profile pic, you have some seriously skinny arms. If you think you look "bulky," I'd say you have a disordered body image and as others have said, you should seek professional advice.

And at your age, if you're a waitress on your feet all day, there is no way that 1300 calories is enough for you. You need to eat more to make sure you get all the nutrients your body needs to stay healthy.
  • BoatsnHose
    BoatsnHose Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yes you can but I would strongly recommend working out with cardio and some light weight training at least a few times a week. At first you may think it sucks, but once you get into a routine it becomes addicting.