Need motivational buddies... I'm stuck! :(

Options
Looking to lose 60+ pounds this year and new to this website though I made my page a year ago this is my 1st time using it! :embarassed:

My highest was 246
current is 225
goal weight is 150

Needing a little motivation to keep going
Ive been stuck between 220-230 for months now its so frustrating :explode:
I just want to get under 200 first.

Replies

• PTDawnReema
    PTDawnReema Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hi Nikole, I started out at 226, now I am 185 its been a long process but am in for the long haul, I aim to get to around 140 as I am 5'5. Add me if you like.. I log in everyday so would be around to motivate you.. and support.. We all need it sometimes. am not expert on dieting so am still figuring out what works for me... I seem to loose 1/2lbs on a good week then seem to stick other weeks, I try to eat healthy/ watch my portion size I weigh everything/ exercise regular that seems to really help.
  • steffi29986
    steffi29986 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey,

It looks like your doing well so far 19lbs lost, that pretty good. It is crap when your weight lost just seems to stop but I always find that if I just stick it out a couple of weeks the number starts going down again.

What is it your doing to lose the weight? x
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I read this quote whenever I need motivation...

Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.
    -Wayne Dyer
  • nikole21212
    nikole21212 Posts: 50
    Options
    I started back eating fast food and junk food and thats whats doing it. So ive now cut it out however
  • PTDawnReema
    PTDawnReema Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I read this quote whenever I need motivation...

Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.
    -Wayne Dyer

will have to remember that one!
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bull**** story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”
  • stif9
    stif9 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Easiest way to lose weight is to track your calories with myfitnesspal and utilize your scale.
    Dont start by eating almost nothing, you should ease into the transition, you should aim for 1-2 pounds of weight lost for each week.
    If i were you i'd weigh my self next morning, clean out my diet from soda drinks,alcohol,unhealthy snacks,large amounts of fast food, go on a walk for 45-60 minutes each day(preferably in the morning with an empty stomach) and track your normal daily calorie intake.
    Treat the first week as an experiment, ease into it, see around how many calories you consume each day normally through 3 proper meals and some snacks, that should give you an idea of how many calories you eat each day with your normal eating habits, write that amount down and lets say its 1800 calories. After a week has passed weigh yourself again, if you have lost 1-1.5 pounds continue with that amount of calories, if not subtract 200 calories and go from there. Dont go into poverty dieting eating nothing because you will mess up your metabolism in the long run and hurt your progress. Dieting is not hard if you count your calories and use your scale all you have to do is be smart about it.
    Finally remember that during your first month you will lose water weight mostly and dont be discouraged when after that the progress becomes slower. The key to your journey is patience, dont be so stressed about it, it takes time i know but the feeling you get when you see the changes and/or other people start noticing them is worth everything. Good luck nikole.
  • MissD73x
    MissD73x Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole, I started using this site on 1st Jan and one of the things that has helped me is group support and encouragement. I've had a few weeks where my weightless stalled, and in the past I would have given up. This time is different as friends have encouraged my to continue. Very happy to support you x
  • RoxyDisaster
    RoxyDisaster Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I started back eating fast food and junk food and thats whats doing it. So ive now cut it out however

I have this same issue =(
    its difficult when its so convenient.
    But its worth it to stop =)
  • nikole21212
    Options
    thank you all! Im determined to finish thru with it this time :happy:
  • jennifernoseworthy
    jennifernoseworthy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi.

I have a lot to lose too. Don't be discouraged, we can only go one day at a time. Just be a little better than you were yesterday.:smile:
  • Psalm91Living
    Options
    I bought a fitbit and synced it up with myfitnesspal. It has been a worthwhile investment. Taught me to boost my activity level....and there is a setting that subtracts my calorie goal if I'm not active as well as adds calories for being active....it encouraged me to step things up.
  • nikole21212
    Options
    Thanks Psalms91Living Im going to look into that
  • AndietheGreat13
    AndietheGreat13 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    We have pretty much the same goals. I started at 250, current weight is 217 and my goal weight is 150-160. I log everyday :) sent you a request. You can do this!
  • nikole21212
    Options
    same age too, awesome!
  • Magisoft
    Magisoft Posts: 113
    Options
    Here's an old chestnut for you - "You are what you eat". You've got this ...happy to support, add me if you like, best of luck!