How long can a plateau last

Options
mucirl
mucirl Posts: 17 Member
I have been back on this endless cycle hopefully for the last time now for 18 weeks and I have lost 17 pnds ( 8 kg) which is great but I have been this far countless time before. Nothing has now moved for the last 6 weeks. Looking at the same weightI +- 1 kg. I have stayed within cals and I am going to the gym 3-4 times a week.
I have noticed that in the last week or so a lot of my cals are going on bad snacks but within cals . Which is the start of a slippery slope. I eat loads of fruit.
It is not like I am anywhere near my goal which is 80kg for a start. And I am also not seeing any difference in my cloths.

It is very demoralising .

Replies

• DerFlexo
    DerFlexo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Have you tried alternating days where you eat more and days where you eat less? Reducing calories comes down to averages, and I have found that eating *a little* above my metabolic rate one day helps me keep my metabolism up and makes it easier to stay further below it the next day. (Also, it lets me keep my sanity)
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I had a quick look at your diary. You have missing days, and days where you have eaten over your calories.

You've done so well thus far. Just get back to weighing and logging all of your food.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I had a quick look at your diary. You have missing days, and days where you have eaten over your calories.

You've done so well thus far. Just get back to weighing and logging all of your food.

This..

I've noticed a lot of entries that have to be guesses...

350grams of salmon? that is 3/4lb
    400grams of aspargus almost a pound
    weighed milk?
    cups of fruit
    medium bananas

You say you've been stalled for 6 weeks? I see you started logging about May 8th...less than 2 weeks ago, then nothing on May 9th or 10th, May 11th over, nothing on may 12th one entry May 13th....so you have been logging for 10 days...

Based on this you aren't logging accurately or consistently and I doubt you weigh your food...entries may say weight but based on the amount guesstimates.

Start logging consistently and accurately. That means weight all solids, measuring liquids and choosing the correct entries.
  • squiggysmama
    Options
    Don't know if you've read this article or not, but it gives some good info on busting through (and what might be causing) your plateaus:
    http://www.jillianmichaels.com/fit/lose-weight/busting-plateaus