question about exercise

Options
Hey there!

I'd really some input...I work as a server in a restaurant about 6.5 hours a day so there is a lot of walking/running around back and forth. I pretty much spent all day today on my feet. So I'm wondering how/what to log that in as? I just kind of logged it in as 'Race walking" 30 mins, and it said around (420 calls burned) so thats just me assuming how much I assumed I burned. Any advice?

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to be in your normal daily activities and not as an exercise. What is your setting right now? It should be lightly active or active. Only exercise should be logged on top.
  • jenna40_2go
    jenna40_2go Posts: 101
    Options
    I also work as a server. I don't log my work. It's something you already do and you should really just log what you don't normally do. I am doing the t25 program. I log that and occasionally I walk for pleasure. Normally that's at the flea market where I could spend hours lol. Good luck add me if you like!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to be in your normal daily activities and not as an exercise. What is your setting right now? It should be lightly active or active. Only exercise should be logged on top.

This.

One of the activity level examples given by MFP is a waitress. Choose that one.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    you should include it into your daily activity equation
  • jfran87
    jfran87 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I work in retail and according to my Fitbit I walk between 3-5 miles a day at work. I don't log it because it's what I do every day. I only log stuff I do on top of that (like walking the dogs, hiking, elliptical, etc). Choose the appropriate activity level on MFP and it will adjust your daily calories accordingly.