Feel like a failure

Options
I went to a birthday party for my friend's son and had a piece of pizza and a piece of cake and now I feel so horrible :(

Replies

• looklucklove
    looklucklove Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You're way too hard on yourself. One piece of pizza and one piece of cake is normal, and what everyone should be able to enjoy once in awhile.

Now, if you said you had eaten a WHOLE pizza and the WHOLE cake, we'd be having a different conversation! :)
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    One slip up doesn't end all your hard work! Tomorrow is a new day!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you ate the entire pizza and the entire cake... but one piece of each? That's no biggie!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Just log it and move on
  • ilenewilliams
    ilenewilliams Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It's about living and practicing moderation. I had pizza tonight as well but instead of eating 4 slices like I used to, I ordered a small individual pizza, ate 1/2 and filled up on the salad that came with it. Now I have pizza and the rest of the salad for dinner tomorrow and only used 1/3 of my daily calories. Just make it fit, don't feel like you blew it, you didn't.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    For real? :huh: :noway:
  • amy2or3
    amy2or3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree with psych101... just log it and move on. You can start over right now. :)
  • ruthejp13
    ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Just log it and move on
    this

I disagree with others who say it's ok. Are you depressed because you did something you didn't plan on doing such as going over your calories or are you depressed because now you are in a sugar crash and your brain is telling you you want more. If you exercise, the chemicals making you feel depressed will go away.

Next time, make your decision before going to the party. Are you going to have cake and pizza or not? If not, eat before going over.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    I don't get why people think the names of foods are something to feel guilty over. Pizza and cake are both foods that contain calories and macro nutrients. No different than anything else. Eat them if you want and work them into your daily goals. If you went over your goals eating the pizza and cake it could not have been by much. A regular piece of pizza and regular sized cake is going to be around 500 calories. If you are eating in a deficit you probably didn't even eat enough to go over maintenance. Next time you are going to go to a party, simply leave calories available for things like pizza and cake. There is no reason why you can't enjoy foods in moderation and still hit all your goals.
  • workwithcoachj
    Options
    You are not at all a failure, just enjoy it and realize that you are far beyond most people because you are realizing when you deviate from the plan correcting it and moving forward rather then giving up. I have faith in your just keep pushing.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Please do not feel like a failure especially if you only had one slice of pizza and a slice of cake... It takes time to change. It takes many steps before you can reach your goal... At this point, you may want to ask yourself: do I need to take a twelve step approach to pizza and cake.

It is true that I had to take a twelve step approach to those and many other foods. But the key is to be able to control in a healthy way what you eat and how exercise you get...

Finally, don't worry about becoming super thin...
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I don't get why people think the names of foods are something to feel guilty over. Pizza and cake are both foods that contain calories and macro nutrients. No different than anything else. Eat them if you want and work them into your daily goals. If you went over your goals eating the pizza and cake it could not have been by much. A regular piece of pizza and regular sized cake is going to be around 500 calories. If you are eating in a deficit you probably didn't even eat enough to go over maintenance. Next time you are going to go to a party, simply leave calories available for things like pizza and cake. There is no reason why you can't enjoy foods in moderation and still hit all your goals.

+1 :flowerforyou:
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

Yes, this
  • cruciangyal1031
    cruciangyal1031 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

:drinker:
  • sistumxid
    sistumxid Posts: 6
    Options
    Find out how many calories are in that slice of cake and slice of pizza. Log it, adjust your food intake for the remaining day to compensate for it.
  • cheesevixen_staci
    cheesevixen_staci Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You stopped at 1 slice of pizza!?! That would be impossible for me. I say give yourself a pat on the back. See how many calories you're over and add a little exercise. You'll be fine. :)
  • hooterklb
    hooterklb Posts: 27
    Options
    I feel your pain. I had a piece of cake this week and it was MY birthday! But I felt guilty after I ate it thinking it was going to screw up the whole day! But I logged it and it didn't.. now I had more calories that day than any other day this week.. but it really does work out better than you would think. I was down another pound this morning! So no worries.. listen to the peopleup there ^^, take a deep breath, and continue on with your journey! ♡
  • hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    That is one day of treating yourself. its ok to have a day once in a while with some cake and pizza. you just can't eat the whole cake and the whole pizza. don't worry so much. : ]
  • jellyxbelly85
    Options
    Thanks guys this made me feel so much better! I didn't even go over my calories just felt bad for doing something I hadn't planned on.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Us dieters need to watch ourselves especially if we have a lot to lose. We can develop orthoxia which is to get overly obsessed with healthy eating. Remember no matter what you eat your body isn't going to last forever. All you can do is make sure your healthy enough that your habits don't kill you before old age does. Have a bit of fun with that body. It won't last forever.