Best Greek yogurt?

Options
steephx0x
steephx0x Posts: 47 Member
What's your favorite Greek yogurt and why? Nutrition facts would be useful as this is to help me find a new yogurt brand!

Replies

• Pauline252mfp
    Pauline252mfp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Cabot Greek lowfat plain, 1 cup has 180 calories 22 g protein and 50% of my daily calcium requirements. I have a quarter cup at breakfast with my oatmeal, a half cup with fruit in my lunch at work, and sometimes the other quarter cup at dinner, like on a baked potato. Yum.
  • sistumxid
    sistumxid Posts: 6
    Options
    It's funny that I see this just now as I'm eating my greek yogurt.

I've been on a Yoplait Greek 100 cup for the last few months. I really enjoy the Apple Pie flavor but they are always out. I always like the mixed fruit and and the strawberry cheesecake flavors. I have 2 of these a day, 5 to 6 days a week. They cost about a $1.00 at my local store. It's probably cheaper to buy a big tub of greek yogurt, but I don't like having to weigh the portions since I take them to work.

100 calories per serving with 0g fat, 12g carbs, and 12g of protein
  • cmn12rbp
    cmn12rbp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My favorite super low calorie greek yogurt is Dannon Light N' Fit - They are 80 calories per yogurt, NO fat, and lower carb than other yogurts. My favorite flavors are Toasted Coconut Vanilla, Strawberry Cheesecake & Caramel Macchiato.

I also enjoy Chobani, which offers 2% milkfat greek yogurt or 0% fat free yogurt. Most Chobani greek yogurts are about 120 calories per cup and double the carbs of the Dannon Light N' FIt (19g in chobani VS. 9g in dannon).
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the non-fat strawberry greek yogurt. It's soo good and only 80 calories per cup.
  • psyklob
    psyklob Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've tried a bunch of brands but I prefer my own formula...

Just get a big tub of plain Greek yogurt, mix in berries, sweeten with stevia or honey, and top with walnuts or sliced almonds. Super tasty and cost-effective!
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    After trying many, the winner is Danon Lite & Fit. I just found they have Strawberry cheesecake and it has become my new favorite. Also sold out every time I try to buy it!! I like it because it doesn't have a "bite" like some others have.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Chobani - I usually get the 100-calorie cups.
  • hooterklb
    hooterklb Posts: 27
    Options
    I was diehard Chobani and recently switched to Oikos.. it has 60 more calories than Chobani (160) but it's creamier and mixesbetter if you want to add something.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Whatever is in the fridge, usually Chobani or Fage. As long as there is fruit or protein powder mixed in, I'm good.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I kind of like all of them. Equally. None of them seem bad to me. Even if it's plain I just put honey or whatever and it's good.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Fage. (pronounced "Fah-yeh"). It' delicious.
  • sarahdiggity77
    Options
    Anyone know of any BLENDED greek yogurts high in protein but lower in sugar? I wanna stay under 8-9 grams or less if possible. I tried a blended greek from a local store and it had fruit pieces still in it. I need ones without the fruit in it. I love the Yoplait 100 but is the BLENDED one w/o fruit pieces??
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    2% fage. Heaven.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Dannon Lite & Fit and Activia greek. Both are lower in carbs than many, have a good amount of protein and yet taste good.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    2% fage. Heaven.
    This!!!!! The absolute best Greek yoghurt I've eaten outside of Greece!
  • FitForMe83
    FitForMe83 Posts: 8
    Options
    Fage 0% with the fruit on the side. Comes in many flavors and all are delicious!
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Since I'm pretty broke, I go with Friendly Farms fat free plain (Aldi brand). It's less expensive than anything sold at Walmart and is a better texture and flavor than Cabot or Great Value.

https://www.aldi.us/en/grocery-items/new-at-aldi/new-at-aldi-detail/ps/p/friendly-farms-plain-nonfat-greek-yogurt/

I don't want all the added sugar and carbs of fruit flavors, so I add my own berries.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Chobani. It's REAL Greek yogurt and they don't use chemicals to get the thick consistency.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I prefer Cabot 2%. Mmm... So many ways to enjoy...

My kids really like Greek Gods. In particular, their honey salted caramel. Oh yeah. It's as good as it sounds.

We go through a couple of tubs a week.
  • ruthejp13
    ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've tried a bunch of brands but I prefer my own formula...

Just get a big tub of plain Greek yogurt, mix in berries, sweeten with stevia or honey, and top with walnuts or sliced almonds. Super tasty and cost-effective!

Agreed! Please do yourself a favor and buy plain yogurt where the ingredients are nonfat milk (or with fat), live active cultures and nothing else. Then add frozen berries - as many as you want. No added sugar necessary and you get your fiber.

I eat yogurt for the nutrition and calcium, not my dessert. I'd much rather have ice cream than a flavored process-food yogurt. When I buy ice cream I look for 10% calcium. Find the right kind and it's no different nutritionally than a lot of the flavored yogurts.