Hot Peppers/Jalapeno good for cutting or overall nutrition

Options
I enjoy hot spicy foods and I like serrano peppers (1 or 2 steps hotter than jalapenos).

Are these spicy foods/peppers good for you or do they cause more damage?

thanks

Replies

• Vigilance88
    Vigilance88 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    All I know is that you build a tolerance for it the more/spicier you eat.

The only damage I can think of is not at the side you put it in :laugh:
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm a pepper belly myself. I put hot pepper and/or hot sauce on the vast majority of things I eat, including my breakfast eggs.

I've read alot of health and fitness type articles and I've seen more than a few that say eatting spicey things is good for you. I've NEVER read anything to say it's bad for you.

Could I be wrong...of course.

But that's my 2 cents.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I love spicy stuff. I've never heard peppers are bad, you know, except for your "other end."
  • fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Chilli is adictive, that burn creates endorphins.

It has many health benefits with blood and digestion. It'll also help you sweat like a man sitting between his wife and mistress at dinner.

Chilli won't damage you unless you start popping some of the crazy ones:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2045467/Hottest-chilli-contest-participants-left-vomiting-pain-2-hospitalised-Edinburgh.html#ixzz1a7lzlNCK

Chilli will hurt you if you get a stomach ulser as it'll agrivate it (won't cause it), this is where the addiction issue appears ... Can you quit? Can you be happy without it going back to bland, dull food.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I can only think of things related to good with peppers. Capsaicin, Scoville units, dried, fresh, pickled, in sauce, stuffed, endorphin release, addictive, and so on. It probably also indirectly slows your eating so your brain has a chance to tell you are full sooner rather then later. I'm struggling finding something 'bad' about them.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I can only think of things related to good with peppers. Capsaicin, Scoville units, dried, fresh, pickled, in sauce, stuffed, endorphin release, addictive, and so on. It probably also indirectly slows your eating so your brain has a chance to tell you are full sooner rather then later. I'm struggling finding something 'bad' about them.

They can cause pain in certain areas of the body if touched after handling them.. :wink:
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

They can cause pain in certain areas of the body if touched after handling them.. :wink:

This is very true; the oil of a Scotch Bonnet can take off skin(yes I forgot gloves one day). And, if you scratch 'areas' while working with peppers they can create a sensitivity issue. ;);)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

This is very true; the oil of a Scotch Bonnet can take off skin(yes I forgot gloves one day). And, if you scratch 'areas' while working with peppers they can create a sensitivity issue. ;);)

Someone gave me a scotch bonnet once and I was so scared of it I threw it out :laugh:
  • andylowry
    andylowry Posts: 89
    Options
    Vitamins A and C, some B6, a little potassium-- but I mostly eat them because I like them.