When did you start to feel thinner?

Options
2»

Replies

• maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I felt thinner when I ran across the road and realised I either needed new trousers... or a belt. :embarassed:

But when I look in the mirror (or look down) I still feel as large as when I started out :sad:

Ive got 12lbs to go, but that feels like a lifetime away... Im also doing the 60 Day Insanity workout (hoping to tone the unsupportive gut) :laugh:

I may still feel larger than life.. but there is no chance Im going back there :noway:

:flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Still don't really feel thinner. A friend called me skinny the other day and I was like "huh?" same friend gave me a pair of jean I swore wouldn't fit because they looked so small and I don't feel small, I was shocked when they fit.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining for 18 months and still don't really feel that much thinner. I have moments of it. I was sitting at a computer in work the other day and looked down at my tummy and it suddenly struck me "hey - I'm slim now" - it was very weird. But, often, I still feel fat. If I have a large meal or get bloated at all, then I still feel as big as I always did. I'm just trying to brainwash myself that I am thinner. People see me as small now, I fit into small clothes, I take up less space, so logically I know I'm thinner. When people pay me compliments on my size/shape or refer to me as being skinny etc - I feel like I've managed to trick them all somehow and they can't see the real me! I was obese for all my adult life and some of my teenage years though, so I'm sure it's going to take time.
  • Sweetie_darling
    Sweetie_darling Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Today :)

..... But it's a day to day thing, tomorrow I may feel like the size of a house lol

Xx
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    When I could pick up a UK size 10 anywhere and know that it would fit or be too big.

Still have fat days though!
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Today :)

..... But it's a day to day thing, tomorrow I may feel like the size of a house lol

Xx

^^ this! :D

Today i feel thinner, my stomach feels flatter, i don't feel like I muffin out of my jeans so much, and my shirt is smoother.

i've been yoyoing between 80kg and 100kg for the last 20 yrs. I'm waving every kilo goodbye as I go this time, I never want to see it again...