UK, Leicestershire looking for support and exercise buddy..

Options
Hi all,

I'm not going to write a really long post because I'll get bored and I can guarantee you will too lol.
Anyway, I'm looking for local people who would like to exercise together and support one another as I don't have anyone who would help me like that. I have recently started again here and I have tried all kinds of diets in the past but as a PCOS sufferer my weight loss is a lot slower and sometimes extremely stubborn. I really think having some like minded supporters would help. So, if anyone's in please feel free to add me or reply here.

Thank you for reading and good luck everyone!!!

Replies

• sprucey85
    sprucey85 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Unfortunately I don't live in Leicestershire but am happy to support you online :smile:
  • KudosH3
    KudosH3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Unfortunately I don't live near Leicester but definitely need some motivation buddies! My current weight is 189lbs but im hoping to get down to around 140lbs. Feel free to add me :)
  • cltx1991
    cltx1991 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm originally from Burton on Trent but living in Shropshire because I'm at Uni!
    I'm happy to help and support in any way possible though!! :)
  • Amy1527
    Amy1527 Posts: 18
    Options
    Thank you ladies that's really great!! What is everyone doing to lose weight? And how is it going? X
  • cltx1991
    Options
    I'm sticking to low carb and swimming twice a day on weekdays at the moment, currently have exams so swimming is a way to wake me up in the morning de stress after a day of revision :)

Not sure how its going yet as I havent got access to scales but Im feeling much better in myself from the exercise!
    Whats motivating me is me and friends booked a last minute holiday and we go in 3 weeks so I need to get my *kitten* in gear!
    How about you?
  • auntyfred
    auntyfred Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Depends what part of Leicestershire you're in. I am in South Nottingham. I walk for exercise. Often pop over the border into Leicestershire. Some lovely walks round Bradgate park and surrounding areas.
    Tomorrow heading into Derbyshire for a 5 mile walk.
  • KudosH3
    KudosH3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm just cutting down mainly on portion sizes and trying to fit a bit of exercise in at least 3 times a week, I think to lose weight I just need to properly realise and commit to a healthy lifestyle! Also, I'm going to measure myself as well as weigh myself, as I know in the past just weighing alone hasn't been enough! What about you?
  • Amy1527
    Options
    My motivation is the fertility treatment I can't have until I have a BMI of 30 . Kudo measuring yourself is a good idea because sometimes you lose inches not weight!

Auntyfred I'm near Hinckley and I agree brad gate park is lovely!

Cltx good for you swimming twice a day. I do like to swim but I am very self conscious and I am not a very strong swimmer. Sometimes I wish i were brave and could just say "screw you all, beached whale coming through to unite with water again" BUT I can't I'm more chicken than whale lol! Good luck with the weight loss for your holiday. As long as you feel great I'm told the rest will follow!
  • cltx1991
    Options
    Wow that's some intense motivation! What is your current BMI? Mines 36.1!

Oh I know what you mean about the conscious thing, I guess I figured enough was enough and swimming is the best way to aid my diet. I got swimming with a couple of friends who are size 10/12 so I hate that I'm the biggest one but when I'm swimming you realise there are a lot more people worse off and you do make friends along the way who are also trying to lose weight. But if you arent a strong swimmer maybe its not for you and you just need to find an activity which suits you and that you enjoy :)
  • RachR669
    RachR669 Posts: 79
    Options
    Sent you a PM!
  • Colleenb_2012
    Options
    Hello!!! I am actually Irish so at least it is the same time zone! Everyone needs support :)
  • Amy1527
    Options
    Yes they do Colleen!! Good job with your weight loss.

I do like to swim cltx but perhaps I meant that I am a slow swimmer rather than not a strong swimmer lol being slow at swimming makes me self conscious too. I do realise that these are all excuses and I am trying to change but it's going to come with time x
  • sprucey85
    sprucey85 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm sticking as much as I can to a High protein, low carb diet and doing T25 workout by Shaun T.

It's going well so far, I've lost at least 7lbs. I stupidly forgot to weigh myself before the diet and exercise so I may have lost more.

I did 2 of the exercises yesterday and can feel it in my legs, hopefully I'll be fine tomorrow!
  • Amy1527
    Options
    That must b tough swimming with your skinny friends! Did you secretly want to drown them? It's ok if you did, i'll understand! Lol