Best Greek yogurt?

Options

Replies

• dearbornfirefly
    Options
    Here are two more tasty Greek yogurts to add to the delicious entries above:
    1. Stonyfield Organic Greek Yogurt; 0% fat; my favorite is the chocolate, it is smooth, chocolatey, creamy, and has a wonderful 'tang' to it. Also comes in other flavors, too.
    2. Liberte Greek yogurt -- try the lemon or the blackberry. Be careful, the other Liberte kind is scrumptious, but much higher in fat and calories.
  • sophrosyne_
    sophrosyne_ Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    fage. only fage. forever fage.
  • GretchenKSmith50
    Options
    Full fat Fage, add a tsp of maple syrup and a handful of blueberries, delicious!!
  • keithaj1
    keithaj1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The 2% Fage.... agree... add fresh or frozen berries.
  • kahlstie
    kahlstie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat plain, non-fat Chobani and mix in cinnamon, berries and walnuts. 22g of protein/serving.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Fage - 2% or the full fat version.
    Mix in your own stuff.
  • RLMsFitnessPal
    RLMsFitnessPal Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've not met a Greek yogurt yet that I've disliked. My wife often buys Dannon Lite n Fit in a big tub, Oikos, or Great Value. I like the thicker texture and sharper flavor of Greek yogurt, personally. I think we have Lite n Fit in the fridge right now. I like to add frozen fruit to it, and pretend it's ice cream. Sometimes, I'll even portion out a serving of yogurt and freeze it for a change of pace.
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I don't like the taste of any of the brands. The yogurt I get at the Greek market is not marked. It's sold in those clear plastic containers like the ones potato salad come in.

I asked, and found out it is Krinos. Most of the brands have powdered milk and pectin in them. I was surprised to see Krinos is the only yogurt without any junk in it.

If I feel like having it sweet, I nuke some frozen blueberries and mix them in.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Simply Chobani 100 as it has 100 calories, 12 g of protein, 5 g of fiber, 0% fat and no artificial sweetners.
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Fage is the only Greek yogurt that matters.
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Greek Gods. Unlike Chobani & Dannon, it is non-GMO and isn't all runny like Stonyfield (also non-GMO)
  • Edmond_Dantes
    Edmond_Dantes Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    For taste: nothing beats Fage Full. It's an angel crying on your tongue.
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    After trying many, the winner is Danon Lite & Fit. I just found they have Strawberry cheesecake and it has become my new favorite. Also sold out every time I try to buy it!! I like it because it doesn't have a "bite" like some others have.

^^^ THIS! I'm not much of a Yogurt eater and especially Greek. I tried several but I can say I actually LOVE the Dannon Light and Fit 80 calorie! The Key Lime is great and the Orange. I also really like the Raspberry. Other brands I had to almost gag down but these are great! 12 grams of Protein also!
  • AliceJeanie
    AliceJeanie Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Heard wonderful things about Fage, but have never found in in stores here (Canadian Prairies). The only yogurt I have found that I like and can eat consistently is the 2% iogo (pronounced yo-go) greko. Strawberry or Vanilla - 100 cal per 100 grams
  • teach54
    teach54 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I ate Chobani for several years and just recently switched to Stonyfield Organic Greek yogurt, 120 calories, 12 g of protein. Main reason for the switch was to eat more natural, less-processed foods.
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    I eat Zoi NF Greek yogurt. It's inexpensive. 4oz is ½ a svg. 65cals. I
    like using pumpkin or unsweetened apple sauce and cinnamon plus
    my whey isolate powder. It's yummy. I might try lime juice in it
    sometime, a mock key lime pie. :)
  • uchube
    uchube Posts: 44
    Options
    FAGE total 0%. life-changing.
  • Mrsbeale11
    Mrsbeale11 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Fage :love:
  • Mrsbeale11
    Mrsbeale11 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    For taste: nothing beats Fage Full. It's an angel crying on your tongue.

^^^ This!
  • hush404
    hush404 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I prefer iogo. If you don't mind the sugar content. I've looked and unlike a lot of the suggestions here, we don't have 'fage' :(