Calories Burned for 30DayShred

Options
Just wondering why none of the Jillian Michaels' workouts come up when I do a search for the exercise portion? Why do we have to list everything as a generic exercise?

Replies

• mlpaint
    mlpaint Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Probably because of the different modifications you could be doing. When I was doing it I just put them in as 20 minute circuits.
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I've been using a heart rate monitor for my 30DS workouts. I have a Polar FT4 monitor, I like it a lot. That way I know exactly how many calories I burn! :-)
  • NYCGamerGirlx
    NYCGamerGirlx Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitors are great for those type of workouts. I always wear my Polar FT4 when I work out to something that may not be listed (or may be listed, in some cases - since most of the calories burned listed are generic and inaccurate most of the time).
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitors are great for those type of workouts. I always wear my Polar FT4 when I work out to something that may not be listed (or may be listed, in some cases - since most of the calories burned listed are generic and inaccurate most of the time).

No, they're not. HRMs are only useful for steady state cardio. 30DS is circuit training, and your heart rate fluctuates wildly, therefore giving the HRM inaccurate readings.

Honestly, OP, I don't log it. Since there is no way for me to accurately know my burn, I'd rather not risk overestimating.
  • rosieplumpton
    rosieplumpton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've just bit the bullet and started 30 day shred today - I was nearly sick by the end! No pain no gain though eh :smile: