I'm discouraged

Options
In December of last year I decided to take my health seriously, I'm 5'5' and at that time I was 164lbs. I started working out every day and sticking to a 1,200 calorie diet, things were good. In 2&1/2 months I had lost 14lbs and I was looking and feeling great. My goal weight is 130 lbs and so I figured that if I kept it up I would be at that point around now but things have seemingly taken a turn for the worst. I stopped working out on February 27 because my boyfriend got a massive blood clot in his leg and I had to be up and down with him at the hospital. My mind really wasn't on working out anymore and many times it was inconvenient to do so anyway. In the weeks that followed I stopped following my 1,200 calorie diet and I have consumed quite a bit of chocolate and fried foods, (my guilty pleasures) not in copious amounts but I definitely am not as healthy in my eating habits as I was a few months ago. I went on the scale and it said I gained 8 lbs. I'm wondering if most of that or at least some of it is because of water retention from all the sodium and also how long it will take to get that number down if I start working out again. I really hope that increased number on the scale isn't all fat.

Replies

• lysser
    lysser Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Gaining weight is always discouraging, but life happens. You can't regret putting your boyfriend first for a while in such a situation. You lot the weight once, and yes a portion is probably water retention, but you can definitely get there again!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    It really depends on how many calories you ate, to say how much of that will be a real gain.
    But I'm guessing that most is going to be water retention. Drink lots of water and you should be okay.
  • Apocalypz
    Apocalypz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    If you lost it once, then you can lose it again. At least you know that you have the motivation and desire to do it. Some people never think they have it and never even try. As the previous poster stated, "Life happens" and that is quite alright. You'll have your "ups" and "downs" but those are part of the journey. The important part is that you don't give up. You can always start anew today. Question is -- will you? You tell us.
  • wifeymou1112
    wifeymou1112 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    1lb fat = 3500. So to have gained 8lb you'd have had to eaten your TDEE and and extra 28000 calories in that two month period.
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged in for a week and I am already feeling all guilty!

How about we start back again tomorrow? Together?

PM me! Let's get this done! :smile: