I rode the hell out of those roller coasters!!!

papadon78
papadon78 Posts: 12 Member
So I had a big NSV yesterday! You can regret a lot of things when you're big. One of mine was not being able to do the amusement parks with my kids. I was to big to fit on the roller coasters or other rides. Yesterday my little wife and I had a date day at the local amusement park. I rode the hell out of those roller coasters!!! The first one was the panic plunge! OMG! This is the one where you sit in a seat with nothing under you and rise 16 miles. Then with absolutely no warning, you drop at the speed of light! So as I was rising about half way up I'm like "what the hell am I doing here!" Then you keep going and going. Now comes the praying.....and then DROPPPPPPPP.... We had such a great time! I love being skinnier!!!

Replies

• fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Great NSV. Congrats!
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Ha! Love it!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    I love your enthusiasm. Congrats!
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Fantastic NSV!
  • dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member
    That's such a great NSV, what an awesome moment that must have been on the roller coaster :drinker:
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    WOOHOO! Epic NSV. :happy:
  • ballito
    ballito Posts: 81 Member
    Hard case. Love it. Well done:noway:
  • Murph1908
    Murph1908 Posts: 125 Member
    I can totally relate. I love amusement parks, but was getting pretty depressed at them. It was embarrassing to have to wait for the 'fat seat' of the roller coaster while the rest of my family got on that train. And then you sit down and pray you can get the restraints locked.

We'll be at Great America in Gurnee at the end of June. Being 47 pounds down (50 by then, hopefully), I am looking forward to going coaster crazy.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Congratulations, and great story!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    So I had a big NSV yesterday! You can regret a lot of things when you're big. One of mine was not being able to do the amusement parks with my kids. I was to big to fit on the roller coasters or other rides. Yesterday my little wife and I had a date day at the local amusement park. I rode the hell out of those roller coasters!!! The first one was the panic plunge! OMG! This is the one where you sit in a seat with nothing under you and rise 16 miles. Then with absolutely no warning, you drop at the speed of light! So as I was rising about half way up I'm like "what the hell am I doing here!" Then you keep going and going. Now comes the praying.....and then DROPPPPPPPP.... We had such a great time! I love being skinnier!!!

I LOVE IT!!!! Way to go!
    Also, amusement parks dates are awesome.
  • patwojo
    patwojo Posts: 13
    That is just sooooo cool! Congrats to you. What an awesome feeling!
  • brn14me
    brn14me Posts: 20 Member
    nice...congrats!

I am actually excited to go to an amusement park again as I was possibly in the same boat. I never had been turned away but had gotten to the size where I didn't even try....out of fear of embarrassment. So for the past several years I just wouldn't go. I love coasters!

Happy for you.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Wwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...way to go. Glad you had a blast.

Cindy
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    I have waited years for this again, I LOVE ROLLER COASTERS!! (hence the pic on my ticker and was one of my main motivations for losing weight) On my birthday this year, July 10, I will be at Kings Island in Cinncinati riding every single one, I CAN NOT WAIT!! Congrats on your NSV!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    Best coaster place to go........................Cedar Point in Sandusky. I believe there's 16 rollercoasters at this park. Heaven.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    So happy for you - sounds like you had a blast!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Awesome. :D
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Such a great feeling - I know it well, did the same back in April :-) Yay!!!
  • arafaa
    arafaa Posts: 9 Member
    Awesome NSV! Congratulations :) Definitely sounds like you had a lot of fun.
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    That's awesome congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!