January 2011 - no more junk late at night

Options
Hello, everyone,

for those of us who find it helpful to practice some self-discipline late at night by going cold turkey on (junk) food, I propose to continue this monthly challenge. For the newbies: fix a cut-off time from which no more (junk) food enters your mouth. Then stick to it! and most importantly, stick to us :wink:, so that you get over slip-offs. Report daily/weekly, whatever suits you best.

Be certain that you can do it - day by day! smiley-happy110.gif

Replies

• dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I was good the previous days, so the score is:

Me: 3 - LNS: 0 (that means, I won all past night, the late night snacking didn't get me yet :wink:)
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Good Job Dew!

I cooked late Sunday night so thats a win for LNS.

Me: 2 ~ LNS: 1
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, sorry about being AWOL. Went away with hubby for a weekend and we left the computer at home on the table. Ended up getting the flu while away and it has taken me this long to be able to sit at a computer, so thank you for keeping it going.

AFM:
    Me 3/LNS 1
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    I've been looking for you. I need you guys to help me turn the corner. I just have felt the need to consume everything in sight. :explode:
    So, I will start the challenge tonight. Will be tough because I'll be at a wake from 7 - 9 p.m. and I know I'll want something when I get home after 10 p.m. I guess I could try to go right to bed - that would be the smart thing.

Anyway, thanks Dew for keeping this going. :flowerforyou:

lulabellewoowoo, hope you feel better soon.:flowerforyou:

Wishing you all happy and healthy new year!!!:drinker:
    Zaza
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 4 - LNS: 0
    Although I ate a little past my cut-off, it was a special occasion and I did not end up snacking all night :wink:, so I believe I earned my point.
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Hi Guys - I'm back. I know I said that before, but I got new WiFi so hopefully I can keep up with you all. We'll see how it goes. Last night I set it up then today the computer didn't see the connection. So I had to set up a different connection today (not easy for us tech challenged people -lol). :wink:

Can I just say I'm so excited to be back to MFP! Last year was great for weight management. It started out as a New Year's resolution and MFP and you guys in particular, just really helped me to carry it thru. I can't thank you enough. :happy:

As far as the junk snacks go - I'm starting tonight. Best to all :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Thanks Dew for keeping this up :flowerforyou:

Lula - Glad you feel better :flowerforyou:

Hi Zaza and Love :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 3 ~ LNS: 1

Dew- I think you earned that point

Lorna- I hope you were able to enjoy the weekend with the hubby before the flu took over. Get well soon!

ZaZa- I think going to bed when you get home is a good idea. Good Luck!

Rosemary- Welcome Back!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Rosemary!!!!! :heart: :flowerforyou: :smooched: :blushing: :smile:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Me 3/LNS 2

Daggone, gotta count this one as a loss by default, as I have now been up 22.5 hours with no chance of sleep for another 10 hours at the earliest. I hate when days end up like that. So needless to say there was no cut off for after dinner. Oh well, I bet I'll sleep good tonight!
  • DanaMThompson
    Options
    I'm up to this challenge. I'm already trying to avoid grazing at all hours but late night is the WORST time!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 5 - LNS: 0

Lorna, what happened? :( Hope you have a better day today and a well deserved rest.

Dana, welcome! :flowerforyou: One day at a time, bit by bit, step by step :smile:.
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Rosemary!!!!! :heart: :flowerforyou: :smooched: :blushing: :smile:

Funny! Love it!

I was good last night just because I knew I'd have to "report in" to you all.
    Me 1/ snacks0

Lula (you're probably sleeping now as we speak/post). I think you should count it. I do when I work all night with no nap before work. I try to limit the Junk though. Best to ya!! :wink:
  • bambier
    bambier Posts: 32
    Options
    This is a great challenge for me, dinner is late for us - so I'm going with 7:30 as a cut off time. So far for the month of january I'm up 5-0!! I knew this was going to be one my biggest hurdles that i needed to overcome from the get-go.

Unless a sip of diet soda counts against me... I was thirsty, it was handy... I should have got the water... so maybe it's 4.5-0.5? :-P
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 4 ~ LNS: 1

Welcome Dana & Bambier! :flowerforyou:
  • skippy37
    Options
    Great Idea DewDrop. Its 10:59 pm. I just ate a cup of strawberries. Is that ok at night? It is better than what I was doing. LOL It used to be crackers, cinnamon toast with butter.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Lula (you're probably sleeping now as we speak/post). I think you should count it. I do when I work all night with no nap before work. I try to limit the Junk though. Best to ya!! :wink:

With that reasoning, you know what Rosemary, I'm a gonna count it. Because I only ate bananas and apples until my breakfast time.

So for me 5/LNS 1

Dew, just had so much going on that by the time I finally got to bed, I knew that if I fell asleep, I'd be struggling to get up for work. I actually lasted til 10 p.m. last night with a 30 minute nap at 7:00 a.m. Had two great workouts and had no fatigue. It was weird. Apparently sleeping for two days straight while sick earlier in the week recharged the energizer bunny. Now back to some normalcy (at least in my world).

Welcome newbies. Love having you. Keep at it, and make it your own personal thing.

Skippy, strawberries instead of yummy cinnamon toast with butter? Definitely a success. Count it.

Bambier, that point is all yours. Count the whole thing. It's about making healthier choices and not blowing our good choices with late night splurges, so you did great.

See too much sleep. Enough pontificating for me ;) Catch you all later.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 6 - LNS: 0

Lorna, I second all that you said! Glad you are OK and happy that Rosemary is back - she is a real supporter!
    Skippy, welcome :flowerforyou:! Definitely count the night. Btw, Zaza brushes/flosses her teeth at the cut-off, to make sure she stays away from food.

Bambier, 5 points for you so far, but how about trying some exotic tea next time, instead of soda? Some nice fruit combination or some strong flavored tea? Make sure it isn't sour, because that triggers appetite and you might end up hungrier.

So glad that our team is getting stronger! :love: you, pals :wink:.
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 5 ~ LNS: 1
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Last night was good.

Me 2/ Snacks0
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    ME 5/LNS 2 :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: