Has anyone saw a change in their shape, after weight loss?

Options
Ok, I've lost around 10-11 pounds so far.... but I am losing inches more so than anything.

I stand at 5'6 1/2 and I used to weight 163 to 164.... but now I weight around 153 - 154.... only a 10 pound difference I know, so that's not a big deal. My goal is 130

But I am losing inches and is trying to tone up as I go... but before with the shape... I thought my body was bold shaped. I just felt like I had no curves and I just never thought my body was sexy.

However, now I look in the mirror... my shape look better and it looks like my hips are sticking out a little more.

Is it just me? or has anyone else seen a change in their "bone structure" after weight loss ?

Replies

• Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Only bone structure changes i've seen are that i can actually see some bones, like rib bones and sternum
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Not a change in bone structure no, but many people find that when they're heavier their shape is 'obscured' by the extra weight and that as they get leaner a more defined shape may appear. I carried a lot of weight in my stomach area and as such I've lost more inches in my waist that anywhere else, which makes me look curvier than I was before.
  • FloJo9011
    FloJo9011 Posts: 43
    Options
    Not a change in bone structure no, but many people find that when they're heavier their shape is 'obscured' by the extra weight and that as they get leaner a more defined shape may appear. I carried a lot of weight in my stomach area and as such I've lost more inches in my waist that anywhere else, which makes me look curvier than I was before.

That maybe what it is... because I carried a lot of my weight in my stomach too and my back.... so maybe when you drop inches your true curves actually show. Idk though... lol maybe I am looking too hard .Thanks for the reply though. I appreciate it
  • FloJo9011
    FloJo9011 Posts: 43
    Options
    Only bone structure changes i've seen are that i can actually see some bones, like rib bones and sternum

Lol... ok, well maybe it is just me starring to hard and desperately wanting hips lol thanks for the reply though. I appreciate it
  • trhendersonNC
    trhendersonNC Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I got a more "hourglass" shape after a couple of months of heavier lifting. More than anything, it was the increase in my shoulders/chest that made my shape look so different.