Fitbit Flex? Is it worth getting?

Options
mshopey
mshopey Posts: 125 Member
I feel very happy, I work at tesco and therefore get staff discount, plus a £10 off all electricals coupon, plus £25 worth of clubcard coupons I've saved, I can get a fitbit flex for £37!!! For all of you who's got one, how great are they?
Are they worth having if you're 25+% way through your journey? (I still have just under 100lbs to go)
And I'm joining the gym in 2 weeks and I know it would be worth seeing how well I'm doing.

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    It depends what you want to track about your day. Fitbits are great for tracking overall daily step based activity and some models will show how restless your sleep is. If your goals are to get up and move more they can show if you doing that.

They don't accurately track lifting, yoga, pilates, etc. Until you think through what you plan on doing and figure out what data you want to track about those activities nobody can tell you if a measurement device is worth getting. The same applies to HRMs, food scales, GPS watches, etc.
  • trhendersonNC
    trhendersonNC Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love mine! It helps me se days when I burn more than the "sedentary" I hae it set for. I have found the calorie burns to be pretty accurate for me.