How do u stay motived during and after your workouts

Options
always looking for new ways to stay motived… during my workouts i usually say to myself "you can do 10 of anything! 10 isn't bad!" whether its minutes or reps.. keeps me going pretty much.. i tell myself that it won't always be this hard and to keep going...

finding things to say to myself outside of the gym is harder.. i follow a lot of fitsipration people on instagram, look up fitness pins on pinterest and try to remember not to give up because small progress is progress none-the-less..

any other stuff work for you guys?

Replies

• porscheparcher
    Options
    Great question!!

I run a support group actually and help others stay motivated and just made a video about 3 tips to help people stay consistent!!

You got this girl! It is rough, but you really just have to stay focused on your goals and get that success buddy to be on your side! :)
  • ecross1220
    ecross1220 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I bring a friend and usually meet people there at the gym they pretty much know your routine or work out classes, instead of finishing with that class strength training is great after. In addition, maybe later that afternoon hiking with a loved one. I stopped my workouts and my body just went to a brink that is enough motivation to keep doing something active always:wink:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Music

Also I do a bit of self talk like.. oh you can do 10 full push ups.. ok five more.. two more...
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    A good music playlist, and also doing what I love as exercise. I love running, so it is enjoyable and very easy to stay motivated.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I'll be pissed at myself if I don't finish. That's all the motivation I need.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    iPod Nano
  • soxobsessed
    soxobsessed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    For running I just keep telling myself, one more mile, you got this, just one more, then I do another
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Very loud music. And when I start getting tired, I talk myself into going to the end of the song. And then maybe one more song. Repeat until collapsed in a puddle of goo.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Agree with the loud music.............

Change up your routine - so you don't get bored.

And don't forget the loud music.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I workout at home, I keep an old picture of my "fat self" on the wall. Whenever I feel my energy draining or my motivation is low, I just look up at the photo and some how I have the will to workout even harder. Good music helps too, something that gets me moving.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.
    -Wayne Dyer
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Quitting stuff I hate (cardio) and instead doing something I love (lifting).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I like looking fit at almost 40 and feeling good...it's much better than looking like a fat slob at almost 40 and feeling like ****. Also, keeping my blood work in check so I can be 50 and then 60 and then 70 and then 80...and I'm thinking 83ish will probably be good; anything beyond that is going to be major gravy.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I write down the list of things I'm doing before I go to the gym.

And then I do them.

If it's in the book it gets done- and that's all there is to it.

When I'm doing cardio I set a show from net flix on and usually I have a time frame of when I need to be leaving- and I'll kind of finagle how I feel around that- usually I'm like 15 minutes- okay- well you can do just 5 more- and then I'm like well i'ts 815- just do till 830 and be done.

so I just talk myself into doing more.
  • Jimsmith109
    Jimsmith109 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good intense music a partner to train with that will say you got more in you when you know your out of gas, pre-workout drinks with caffeine in them they help you go and stay focused, and in my case as well I look around the gym at people who are further along than I am in their quest for fitness to show myself I have allot of work to do and I can look like that.
  • thingofstuff
    thingofstuff Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    SAME! The very best is when it is a mixtape or a DJ sesh or a podcast so I get roped into 10-30 more minutes.

I also like to have something to look forward to after, like using the sauna at my university's gym or the hot tub and the sauna at the rec centre closest to my house. Rewarding myself with a mask or some extra time in the shower to exfoliate and lounge in the warmth is great too, plus your skin will thank you.
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I struggle for the first 30 mins to be honest - most times I just want to go home! But then I think - well what's the point? I haven't burned any fat off at 30 mins - only food.

Once I've powered through that, I find that pushing myself and i mean REALLY pushing myself is a lot easier. I get a really intense endorphin high if I work out for 65 minutes - I can literally float home.

That high really makes it worth it.
  • at_night_bookstore
    at_night_bookstore Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    by looking in the mirror and knowing i never wanna go back to the person i was before... not even from the day before... human beings are made to progress... if you digress or stay the same, you might as well call it quits on what you call "life"...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Distraction! I'll watch Netflix during cardio, or listen to an engaging sermon or something else interesting during strength training. And sometimes, even that's not enough and it's a simple matter of mind over matter.