New and looking for friends :)

Options
My name is Lisa, and I'm from KS. Looking to meet new friends, so we can be an inspiration to each other.

I've struggled with various health problems that have waxed and waned over the last 10 years. I feel like I've lost a decade of my life and the world went on without me. I've had a terrible time losing weight and keeping it off. After the birth of my last child 8 years ago, I was nearly 100 lbs overweight. I've since lost almost 40 and kept it off, but the rest just fluctuates 5-10 lbs either way. I think I have some of my health issues under control at last. My thyroid numbers are a bit off, but when I get that under control I may make even more progress.

I'm currently juicing and watching my calories, and starting to incorporate some mild exercise into it. I'm also starting to make some friends and going out more. This is my year to turn my whole life around. I'm on a mission to change everything, and I'm really excited about it.

I would love to make some friends here, and am happy to meet all of you! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• OrganicWater
    Options
    We have similar experiences. I can understand the feeling of being robbed by health problems, and it's great to see your positive attitude. Feel free to add me.
  • lovespirit1111
    Options
    Thank you, OrganicWater! Glad to meet you!
  • lila1958
    lila1958 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lisa too! I have also been struggling, with various injuries, but am finally getting better, and working on losing 30 pounds. Feel free to add me. I log on most days, good luck to you, sounds like you are on the right path!
  • lovespirit1111
    Options
    Thank you, Lisa! I will add you. :smile:
  • hellosay
    hellosay Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Add me too! I'm from India and trying to finally shed the post pregnancy weight. My son is turning 3 and I just realized the weight is not going to disappear magically! :(

I have joined a gym and eating sensibly, hope it pays off! :)

Oh, and I'm on thyroid medication as well. :P

-Sayali
  • lovespirit1111
    Options
    Sent you a request, Sayali! Thanks for the friendship :)
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa! Feel free to add me. :)