• Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Lemon water is great...

when you mix it with tea.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    GERD, ulcers, and tooth decay...hmmm...think I'll skip the lemon.
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Yes I drink lemon water from time to time and the only benefit from it I know of is it gets me to drink more water(plain water isn't appealing to me).
  • lollypoppet
    lollypoppet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of people! I'm not so bothered about the weightloss compononent of it, just the rest. But i'm still unsure if it's okay to drink after brushing my teeth in the morning to start my day :)
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Yup sure do also with ice cubes to make the body burn some cals trying to hit it up
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Yup sure do also with ice cubes to make the body burn some cals trying to hit it up

:indifferent:
  • BigTireFlipper
    BigTireFlipper Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I think water is a diuretic. You drink water with anything in it you'll have to go. You don't drink enough, you don't go. I also read on WebMD that an effective way to combat dehydration is to drink water flavored with lemon. I think lemons are great, lemon juice has it uses too, but once it hits your stomach acid there isn't much more it can do than be broken down to nourish the body.

Drink flavored water because it tastes good and water helps you stay regular, hydrated, flush out toxins, and combat high blood pressure not because a few drops of flavor added to it has much of a say in it. :drinker:
  • novembersuse
    novembersuse Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've only ever heard that it's really good for you, and about the best additional you can make to your routine.

I read recently about the benefits of drinking a cup of warm water with lemon juice, honey and a teaspoon of cinnamon powder, which is reported to be incredibly good for you - all the benefits of lemon which you've heard about, plus the antioxidant effects of honey with the anti-inflammatory blood-pressure-reducing effect of cinnamon.

I started drinking it just this week, so will wait to see if I notice any kind of difference. I do always find that lemon juice in the morning gives me a real zing on the walk into work. Worth it for that alone :)
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I drink water with lemon juice and salt because it's delicious.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

That's exactly how I like my tequila :drinker:
  • BigTireFlipper
    BigTireFlipper Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    There is so much misinformation out on the web, posted, then re-posted, until something that has no scientific basis becomes "true". Then there's the health food companies that propagate "studies" that help promote sales of their product line. It makes it difficult to know whats factual and what's just a pile of hokey. I'm not saying everything out there is B.S. I'm saying it's a really good idea to do a little research using multiple sources before buying in on the hype. I just ran "Lemon" and "Cinnamon" through WebMD's "Search for a vitamin or supplement" section and both of those turned up with "Insufficient Evidence" under the list of benefits that both are widely touted for. To me that's pretty much saying "if taking it makes you feel better then do it, but there's no science behind it to support what you are taking it for. I'm going to go get a bottle of water now and squirt some Mango Peach flavor in it now. (because it tastes awesome)
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options

That's where I got the idea. :laugh:
  • lollypoppet
    lollypoppet Posts: 103 Member
    Options

That's where I got the idea. :laugh:

and the best drink with lemon ever! :drinker: :laugh: :wink:
  • anitapuranik
    Options
    lemon is no one source of alkaline foods.Body ph should be 7.If it is less than 7 then body gets acidic and person has joint pains and many more diseases like arthritisand also cancer.If our food is alkaline we will have less health problems.Lemon is best source of alkaline.(and also spinach,cucumber,tomatoes) nonveg is acidic specially red meat .Its safe to eat chicken and turkey.so do not worry consume more lemon as it is high in alkaline and best source of vit C.By the way our diet should have 20% acidic food and 80% alkaline food.so drink.more lemon water.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    lemon is no one source of alkaline foods.Body ph should be 7.If it is less than 7 then body gets acidic and person has joint pains and many more diseases like arthritisand also cancer.If our food is alkaline we will have less health problems.Lemon is best source of alkaline.(and also spinach,cucumber,tomatoes) nonveg is acidic specially red meat .Its safe to eat chicken and turkey.so do not worry consume more lemon as it is high in alkaline and best source of vit C.By the way our diet should have 20% acidic food and 80% alkaline food.so drink.more lemon water.

First, your pH should be 7.4, not 7.0. At a pH of 7.0, you're dead.

And your lungs and kidneys regulate your pH on a second-by-second basis; lemon water in no way changes your pH.