Newbie to diet & exercise, looking for MFP buddies :)

Options
Hey there. I'm completely new to any kind of healthy eating and exercise, after enjoying a really good metabolism in my teens/early 20s and never really having to think about it much. And then 9 years ago I had a child and it's been all downhill from there! We're desperate for another child but as I now have PCOS *and* I'm completely unhealthy, we're finding ourselves stuck in the land of infertility for the past two years, despite all efforts and with two miscarriages under our belts. Time to saddle up and do something about it! The PCOS isn't going to make things easy but I'm determined. Anybody want to buddy up for mutual support? I'm about to hit 30, I'm 5'5", and I have about 50lb to lose. I live a completely sedentary lifestyle currently with the addition of anemia, and I live in an Italian household, so it's all pasta and heavy breads and cheeses, all the time, no veg, no fruits, nothing one would consider healthy. My partner cooks because I burn water, so I'm stuck with freezer/microwave foods when he's not here. So basically I'm starting from zero with health foods, exercise, and the ability to cook, and facing a steep uphill climb. But I've got my game face on. :)

Replies