Replies

• thelov3lybones
    thelov3lybones Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your post is so inspiring :)
  • BikerChickAlice
    BikerChickAlice Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    301-227 and still going. Here for 1030 days. Check out my profile see if we are a good friend match. I've got so interested in all this I am enrolling for a health science degree. As long as your motivated I'm very happy to help!

Zara x

I've done this with a disability, depression, anxiety, leaving a very unhealthy relationship, liver tumors and 3/4 of my liver removed, had huge family problems and a binge eating disorder. Through determination you CAN beat all the odds! X
  • mollybuck
    mollybuck Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. Some days are better than others. Your self awareness is your greatest strength, it is the greatest strength we all have on my fitness pal. Log everything, good or bad, and good or bad you will see progress. Good luck and keep us all posted.
  • chaos_theory02
    chaos_theory02 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    <3
  • yvie63
    yvie63 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    How inspiring this was to read and recognise many of the things you said. I know you are going to succeed in your goal because your head is in the right place. You know why you are 475lbs, you are honest with yourself and you are determined to do it. It is about doing what you can and not allowing the things you can't do stop you. You will be amazed as you progress how many of those things you can't do at the moment you will be able to do. How life will be less difficult and how you will feel so much better both physically and mentally

I wish you good luck and success in your long journey, but then you don't need the good luck do you, you have already achieved the most difficult part of it - starting.
  • BHixson82
    BHixson82 Posts: 1
    Options
    Way to go on taking the first step!! Today is day one for me as well! If you need someone to motivate you or just to talk to through this journey, message me! I have a love of food that outweighs my love of the gym lol I am working on making healthier choices, though and would love to have a friend on that journey.
  • JennyJ2015
    JennyJ2015 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    welcome ! great job on getting started !
  • clanmcfleming
    clanmcfleming Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making that first step and I wish you all the luck in the world. This site is a great find. I didnt believe I could lose weight, didnt believe I could do diets and I have been amazed and encouraged by the results. I have done no more than move a little more and ensure that I make my cal goal (and logged accurately) and the weight has steadily dropped a lb a week, like the numbers said they would!!! Read the sexypants link and keep plugging away. I am sure you will achieve your goal. Oh and if you dont play at the moment, I recommend refinding your musical happiness! When your head is in a happy place it is easier to control emotional / boredom eating... plus when hands are busy you are not nibbling! Feel free to friend me.
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This is the first step and i look forward with sharing your journey to a healthier you.
  • along21291
    along21291 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This was such an inspiring getting started post! My best piece of advice is learning to deal with the setback and there will be lots of them! Some weeks you'll gain a pound, sometimes you'll go a few days without exercising, sometimes you'll eat a few too many donuts. What really helped me was to truly see every new day as a new opportunity to be awesome and to work towards your goal. I'm still working on seeing every hour or minute as a new opportunity to get it right.Time will pass by whether you lose weight or not. Even though it will take a few years, it will be so worth it. Good luck!
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Beautifully written, inspiring post. It's courageous to allow your perspective to change, and even more courageous to take the first steps toward changing yourself and your life. Best of luck on your journey!
  • judy11351
    judy11351 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You can do it and there are plenty of people on this site that are willing to help you with your journey. :-)
  • jonesba7
    jonesba7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good job in deciding its time for a change. I know your struggle. I, myself, started at 445 lbs. it wasn't always easy, but I kept at it. I am currently around 280. Did I feel like giving up many times? yes! But at the end of the day, I knew why I started this journey, so I never did give up. just take one day at a time, and of course, everyday wont be perfect. Just never give up!
  • danahubley
    danahubley Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You have the right attitude. Once I accepted that I was responsible for my weight and stopped using excuses, I forgave myself and started making better choices. I wish you all the best and am confident you got this.:smile:
  • metrini
    metrini Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Once your mind has decided that it is time for change the body will follow.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Welcome to day 1, it will be a rollercoaster journey, days you'll fall off the ride, days you'll struggle to stay on, and days you're completely happy to be back on!! And when you're happy to be on is when you know you're in a good place!! I am almost to my 100lb loss it's not been easy! I work really hard now, harder than I've ever worked before in my 42 years but I realized that NO one can do this for me and that I need to do this for MYSELF, that's where you need to be to be successful!! You'll get there, the first step was realizing you need to do something. I started out slow, DON'T be drastic, you'll only set yourself up for failure!! I started changing the things I did, NO seconds, started watching what I ate, how I ate, when I ate (A LOT OF HOMEWORK!!). I started to walk, short distances (I was OUT OF SHAPE!!), increasing by blocks to then time, to then distance to then timing my distances. I then joined a gym, got a trainer and this is where I am at now.

I say all this to encourage, to not discourage. I know what it's like to want to do this, to have tried and failed miserably many times, to finally get to a place where I am so happy with the results and with myself. I wish you luck in your endeavors, fight the fight...

PS- take a before picture and use it. I have mine stored in my phone as a daily reminder when I want to overindulge...that pic is your starting point...
  • Jess_Forever_After
    Jess_Forever_After Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this. Self-realization is the first step towards change, and it's clear that you are making progress in this department.

You have an eloquent writing style, you should consider writing a MFP blog. The link is under My Home> My Blog on the web interface.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Welcome to day one. When I friended you I thought I could be an inspiration to you but I have a strong feeling you are going to be an Inspiration to me.
    Cindy
  • apace6
    apace6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You took the first step. Kudos!:smile: I wish you the very best. Thanks for reminding me the small steps matter as much as the big ones.
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I loved reading your post, wishing you the best of luck on your journey!