What Do You Do When You Eat All Your Calories Too Early?

Options
2»

Replies

• chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I usually stop when I've reached my calories.

You say that restaurant food is a trigger for you. I'm guessing they use MSG and lots of sugar. If that's the case, then you should try not to take that first bite. Both MSG and sugar can trigger a binge. It's a brain thing, and not your fault.

Prevention is the smartest tactic. Avoid triggers!

Good luck. If you get hungry, allow for a normal meal. Just stay away from more triggers...especially that food in the other room.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Well you have to eat because food is fuel and you may just cause anotehr trigger effect if you starve yourself. Forgive yourself and eat something like a salad for dinner or steamed veggies, chicken breast etc. Exercise if you can and get back on track tomorrow.What's life if you cant enjoy some of your favourite foods? It's about a lifestyle change so the main thing is getting back on track
  • brandi797
    brandi797 Posts: 8
    Options
    If start to feel hungry, I wait about 30-60 minutes and see if I still feel hungry later (sometimes I think my body clock is just telling me its time to eat, rather than it needs more food).

If I am still hungry, I eat a Fiber One (or similar) 90 calorie bar (the lemon ones squares and the chocolate peanut butter bars are my favorite). They are delicious, they satisfy my sweet tooth, and they are more filling than they seem if you drink a glass of water with them

Good luck!
  • matuskap
    matuskap Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well if you have iron will and really want to keep it 100% until the goal is reached (which is really necessary only for prof. bodybuilders and fitness models) then:
    - burn it off
    - starve and suffer
    - fill yourself with hunger suppressant like 0 cal. soda
    - eat something with low calorie density and spread the overeaten amount over next 3-4 days (50-100 cals less everyday)

Disclaimer :D: Doing this too often may lead to some serious mental issues and general unhappiness.
  • GlennTipton
    GlennTipton Posts: 19
    Options
    I would take this chance to do a 24 hour fast! Don't eat until tomorrow and your body will never stop thanking you for a chance to stop processing bloody food for a while and focus on something else... like say... healing! Burning fat stores! Growing muscle!

Too many people showing how terrified they are of being hungry. Hunger is not a sign of a problem unless its the 3rd day - not 3pm!
  • Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have my goals set to lose 2 pounds a week. If I were to eat my calories too early, I would just be sure that I didn't go over whatever my calories for maintenance are.

If it were possible, I would do some sort of work out to earn some back instead of that.
  • aliwhalen
    aliwhalen Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I would handle it one of two ways, 1) eat a salad with TONS of greens, they're low cal and filling and drink a lot of water, 2) realize that I'm trying to lose weight over the course of a WEEK and just make sure that I meet my deficit over the course of 7 days.

Either way, don't beat yourself up. I personally eat more over the weekends and try to keep M-F relatively light. I enjoy sitting with my family eating a nice meal and a glass of wine (or two) and it's easy to do when I make a week M-Su and make sure I have a reasonable deficit on Friday evening to go into the weekend.