What to eat?

Options
Hi all

I have been doing MFP on/off for months but finally kicked in properly the last 4 weeks x lost 8lbs so far, but I'm now wanting to do it for a life change!

My BMR is 1690, what does this mean?
I exercise 30mins a day on a x-trainer do I eat bk the kals burnt?
Just want to loose weight (54lbs) and do it forever x no major quick fixes that don't last x

Loosing the 8lbs has been a lot of work as I'm sticking to 1200 kals or less it's not something that can be for life x

Replies

• maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i ususally dont eat my calories i burn unless i want to. my regular 1450 a day typically is plenty , but if i want more i have it . i listen to my body on that one
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    If you're following MFP's guidelines/goal, then yes, you should be eating at least a portion of your exercise calories back.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    2 pounds a week is fantastic. If you find it too hard to continue at that pace up your calories a little (maybe about 250). You will lose slower but it will be easier to stick to the plan.
  • MrGumbOoO
    MrGumbOoO Posts: 10
    Options
    I generally use the rule of eating half back of what I exercise. Seems to be working more than when I either didn't eat any or ate them all.
  • XLau84X
    XLau84X Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi all,
    Thanks for all your help x

I just find the whole thing confusing x
    So if MFP says 1690 should that be my daily allowance or should I take of the 500 deficit I often see people say?

I will probably leave my exercise unless I feel I need them. X
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    If MFP gave you that as a daily allowance, the 1690 already has a deficit included.
  • XLau84X
    XLau84X Posts: 10
    Options
    That's brilliant x thanks x