Getting Started at 475 lbs - Day One

Options
13»

Replies

• mimi14fun
    mimi14fun Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    1 step at a time one day at a time. you CAN do it
    Its the start of your transformation. Hidden deep inside is that butterfly who will emerge from his cocoon.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Good luck, keep up the great attitude, be prepared for setbacks but do not allow them to keep you off track, think lifestyle change, over time, rather than a 'diet' and I hope to read your success story here one day, and that you will not be one of the many who start, make some progress, then disappear. There are lot of links around giving guidance on the best approaches, but mostly, do things which are sustainable for life, and ensure you are at the right caloric deficit for you. Slow and steady is usually more likely to be successful longterm.
  • sysof
    sysof Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Beautiful to read. Thank you.
  • PhantomMidnight
    PhantomMidnight Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It takes so much courage to start this journey. Thank you for sharing it with all of us! Wishing you the absolute best of luck in all of your endeavors!
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you started a new day and way of living! I was able to do 10 minutes at a time on my treadmill. I was done-in after that. Like you with the piano, I would get on for 5 minutes here, 10 minutes there and soon was walking 40 minutes without trouble. You are on your way.
  • hooterklb
    hooterklb Posts: 27
    Options
    Commit to the change.. I think that really is the hardest part. The food and exercise aren't easy but at least easier after the commitment part clicks. You're awesome.. do work!
  • merlwynn
    merlwynn Posts: 8
    Options
    hve fun if theres any thing you need help let me know maybe I can help you
  • momma_hav
    momma_hav Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great post and great attitude. These journeys have to begin with taking responsibility both for the past and for the future. I found a Groupon for a running/fitness store that offered a "Month to a Mile class" It was designed to get someone to running a mile at the end of it. I took with the idea of being able to walk a mile. I have asthma and allergies and this started the beginning of April. The first day I made it just over a 1/3 of a mile and stopped 8 times. I went a little further and less stops each time we met. Being in Texas i think every meeting had slightly different weather conditions. Fortunately for me, the last day was slightly overcast and breezy. I made it with no stop sand only one real slow down. My group mates were very supportive and after they finished their mile they came to meet me for the end of mine. I am now in their Ton of Fun weight loss group. We "meet" on our private Facebook page, have access to yoga once a week at the store, encourage each other, have a dietitian checking with us by Facebook daily and if we want to talk privately is available at no charge. 12 weeks for$50. No forced Rah Rah group meetings and yet we see each other as we need to. turning 58 tomorrow and still over 300 pounds but dropping steadily so far. Didn't take much to start seeing progress in weight loss. When you are not moving at all (17-18 hundred steps a day) to see changes (average 3200 or so a day now). I will be happy to share my journey with you and help you through yours
  • attybell
    attybell Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to sharing this journey with you. Feel free to add me if you would like. I'm on here everyday
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Two days and two pages. and no links? You people are slipping. Here's two very important links that will help you on your way.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants