NSV- Tried on my 1 & only bikini from my skinny days and...

Options
it was TOO BIG! :laugh: I wore it the summer my husband and I met 4 years ago. I thought I was looking good back then, but now that I think about it... I was about 20 lbs heavier than I am now (currently at my lowest weight in 15 years). Anyway, I tried on the bottom first and the front gaped open so you could see everything! :blushing: I realized that it was gaping open in the front because it used to be filled with my (bigger than it is now) poochie tummy! Hallelujah!

Sorry but I just had to share my excitement... maybe this summer... scratch that... definitely this summer I will be sporting a smaller bikini... with my 5 kids in tow! Thanks MFP! :drinker:

Replies

• Zoomer2
    Zoomer2 Posts: 34
    Options
    Amazing!!! and very funny too lol xxx Well done
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    You are totally my inspiration!!!
  • JakeNonne
    JakeNonne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You are going to be one of those moms at the beach that all the other moms hate. LOL! Great job!
  • poeticpurl
    poeticpurl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    sounds like fun shopping!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Haha thanks everyone! I definitely know about 'hating' on those other moms... I used to hate until I realized they worked their butts off to look that good and no one was stopping me from doing that too! Glad I found this site, stopped making excuses, and started getting busy!

I'll tell you what- the turning point happened during my last pregnancy when I was at the gym "working out"... not really working out hard b/c I was able to read a magazine during my "work out." :laugh: Anyway- there was a pic of a woman with 4 kids who had a flat tummy and looked incredible... a real person you know? Not a photo-shopped celeb. I thought- if she can do it then so can I.

I stopped being envious of size 0 celebrities... I'm surrounded by 5 of the best kids in the world and have a great husband and a blessed life... they should be envious of ME! :tongue:

I'm starting bootcamp classes soon and hopefully that will take me to the next level. Good luck everyone! :bigsmile:
  • mizliz1981
    Options
    I'll be interested to hear how the boot camp classes go! I have thought about that also. Have you considered doing a tri or some sort of race in the summer? I did two tri's last summer and it was pretty fun and I would imagine now that you are in shape not as daunting.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    FIVE kids and a bikini??? HOT MAMA!!! Congrats!!!
  • coog81855
    Options
    Great job baby girl!!!! I know how long you have wanted to have a bikini bod! Very very proud of you! Love you!
    (for all of you who think I might be a weirdo, :huh: this is my youngest daughter!!!!!!!):laugh:
  • angelmuss
    Options
    That is so awesome!! Great job!! :)
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I sure am enjoying the comments from people saying "these are all of your kids?!" why yes they are! I birthed 4 and have a stepdaughter but giving birth to 4 and raising 5 is no joke! It took me 15 minutes to strap my infant in a front carrier and put my toddler into a little backpack harness with a "leash" today just to go into the post office for 2 minutes. But- I didn't get winded, had just finished working out and was still in my gear, and basically got a standing ovation from the postal workers who watched my ordeal from the window. Lol. Before, I would have needed a nap after that trip to the post office but now I finally have the energy to really keep up with the demands of my life. It is so amazing!
  • runnin0nbravado
    Options
    That's amazing! Congratulations on totally obliterating that goal!
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    WOOT! WOOT! You GO! Congrats! :drinker:
  • itsforgood
    Options
    What a fantastic post to stumble across on my first night at this site. This past year I lost over 55 pounds. I went from a size 22 to a size 10. It has been an amazing journey for me (if I can figure out how to put pics up, I'll do it). I am finally comfortable in my own skin after 16+ years of being obese.
    The first time I could put on my wedding outfit was in September. I thought, "Oh! I can wear the little black dress I wore the night of our wedding! That's going to look so good!" Well....I put it on. It fit. Except the SHOULDER PADS made me look like a football player! LOL!:laugh:
    It's amazing the clothing we hold onto in our closets, isn't it? Gosh, when I went through my wardrobe and started getting rid of clothing (and sizes..) it was shocking, hilarious and a bit strange. It was as if I was looking at someone else's clothing, even though I had worn the stuff for years.
    One thing I did discover: consignment shopping! And being able to shop in a department store (and by-pass the Women's department for the first time (this past summer) was a big deal: especially the clearance racks! I actually like Macy's now. I can't believe I just wrote that, but it's true!
    At any rate, I'm excited to find a great support group. What a great idea (thanks Mike). I look forward to meeting you all!
  • SkinnyPharm
    SkinnyPharm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That must be an amazing feeling. Congrats!
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Molly,

What a great post! I had a box of clothes from my pre-married "skinny" days 15 years ago. When I finally fit into them...they were so out of style I had to laugh. Out they went, just like your LBD. It didn't matter anyhow, they would've been too big eventually! Keep up the great work, girl! 55 pounds is like losing a 5 year old! LOL!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!