Weighing yourself

Options
On MFP how regular does everyone weigh themselfs to keep trek on how there progressing with their weight loss. I'm doing once a week even though my first week is tomorrow.

Replies

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday morning.
  • LavernAnderson
    Options
    I use weigh myself when i am alone :)
  • scb515
    scb515 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but I can cope with fluctuations - not everyone can.

For me, I find I get a more accurate picture. I can also assess whether a meal out means a temporary or permanent gain and decide whether I want to go back to that restaurant or not! ;)
  • Fig_1946
    Fig_1946 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, and every evening.
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I decided not to weigh myself very often. What was happening is that I'd get on the scale and if I wasn't making any progress, I'd get so discouraged that this would trigger a binge and I'd overeat for days. So I decided it wouldn't be smart to weigh myself very often. I decided only to weigh myself once a month or so, rather than weekly or every day. This has helped me. Although my progress isn't huge, at least my weight is going down.
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    On MFP how regular does everyone weigh themselfs to keep trek on how there progressing with their weight loss. I'm doing once a week even though my first week is tomorrow.

I'm doing once a week as well and my first one is tomorrow as well
  • oChristyo
    oChristyo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Every morning and every night and sometimes in between. I am Obsessive about it.
  • cookmtn
    cookmtn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but I can cope with fluctuations - not everyone can.

For me, I find I get a more accurate picture. I can also assess whether a meal out means a temporary or permanent gain and decide whether I want to go back to that restaurant or not! ;)

Same, but have to be ready for the ups and downs. Interesting to see how sodium effects weight. :-)
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Usually everyday because why not. Fluctuations don't bother me because I know I'm eating at a deficit.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I track in MFP once a week. I will probably hop on the scale a couple times a day..just to make sure the trend heads the right direction :tongue:

I can handle a fluctuation of a pound or two here and there...
  • stevesgirl824
    stevesgirl824 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    2-3 times a week, first thing in the morning.
  • michab108
    michab108 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    First thing Monday morning, after I've showered and whatnot, and before breakfast. I don't like to weigh every day because then I obsess about the number.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, right after bathroom activities and before breakfast. This is just to monitor my weight and can handle the slight fluctuations everyday.
  • TonyCrux89
    TonyCrux89 Posts: 23
    Options
    Used to be every week, now it's daily. It helps to see the water weight.
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and record that on Fitbit which syncs with Trendweight. I record on here weekly and monthly.
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself daily but I don't record until the end of the week
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I try to only weight if I feel that my clothes are fitting differently to make sure I haven't suddenly gained a ton. But I try not to let a fluctuation of <5 lb bother me since I tend to battle water retention a lot.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning and will continue until 6 months is recorded for a baseline of what my weight does and when. I am objective about it. Unless I'm continuing to lose...I kind of have a problem with that right now.
  • sjiektallgirl
    sjiektallgirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I try to keep away from the scales, but once a week - usually on a Sunday, I tackle the dreaded task
  • running4thehigh
    running4thehigh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I don't want to weigh myself, please don't make me :cry: