Exhuastion

Options
Hi everyone,

I've been going to the gym the last few days (for the first time in about three months) and watching my calorie intake too. Yesterday and Tuesday were great, I felt fantastic, but today has been awful - I've been feeling exhausted all day and just feel like I want to go to sleep.

Does anyone know why this could be and what I can do about it?

Squeaks

Edit: I was so tired I mis-spelled exhaustion - go me! :wink:

Replies

• frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Just a thought but maybe it's your TOM coming to pay a visit? Or you might be coming down with something. Or you could just be overworking your body and not getting in enough rest.
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    Your body is adjusting, just keep doing what you know you need to do and don't give up.

You may try a less intense workout for a couple of days.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories?? If not that is probably the issue. Also make sure you drink enough water, dehydration can make you tired as well.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    yeah, nap time is my favorite time of day...but if you're like me and you work or have children during the day...i suggest going to bed an hour earlier than normal, and before that take a hot bath or do something relaxing
  • aseldomridge
    Options
    You might not be getting enough vitamins and minerals in your diet. Try taking a multivitamin and see if that helps, I know I can diffentely tell a difference when I forget to take mine. B12 or a Super B Complex is also a good vitamin for energy.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating back most of your exercise calories. Your net should never be less than 1000 and 1200 is more ideal. If your net calories are too low your body isn't getting enough energy.
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips guys I wasn't expecting such a quick response! :happy:

I have been eating my exercise calories and I've made sure to drink lots of water (at least 8 glasses) so it shouldn't be that.

The vitamin theory is interesting and my BF has some multivits anyway so I may just try taking one - can't do any harm I guess!

I suppose I did get up earlier than usual this morning to try and get some more work done (I work from home) so maybe my body is just not used to less sleep after the Christmas break...

Having mulled it over I'm thinking maybe my body is adjusting and having a bit of a tantrum :wink: I think I'll just persist with what I'm doing and hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Thanks so much for the help! I was feeling kind of down about this but much better now :smile:
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one. I'm absolutely knackered! I was full of energy yesterday but hit a big slump today for some reason (fell back to sleep and woke up 45mins late!) I didn't eat any of my exercise cals yesterday, I'm hydrated and I take a multi-vit as well as eating a balanced diet. Have decided to blame it on the weather as it's so dark and grey outside all day long.

Off to have some water and an early night :laugh:
  • trio25
    trio25 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Some days can be like that, might be that you haven't had enough carbs in your diet or that you need more sleep. It's usually sleep or diet for me.

Keep going but listen to your body as well.