TIPS on Beating the Fat! Winning on MFP.

Options
getfitwithlee
getfitwithlee Posts: 24 Member
Some people may need a few tips on eating, weight loss, staying on track etc etc. Please leave your tips on succeeding at your weight loss goals for other MFP users...

2 TIPS WOULD BE:
--- CONSISTENCY AND LOGGING INTO MFP EVERYDAY!! EVEN WHEN YOU DONT WANT TO...
---NEVER EAT YOUR WORKOUT CALORIES...

Lets all Win :)

Replies

• SimplySabR
    SimplySabR Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    TIP:
    Eat your workout calories! :)
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Log accurately, whether you have to use a food scale, measuring cups, or whatever you need to do, just make sure you are accurate.

I don't think there is a blanket rule to eat exercise calories or not. The way MFP is designed to be used, many will choose to eat them. If you use a TDEE minus 20% method, for example, do not eat them. But you can make exceptions if you are really hungry one day, or eat half of them back, etc. Just stay within your goals as a general rule and you should be fine.
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My tips (that worked for me :smile: )

- Weigh everything
    - Pre-log your food when you can
    - Eat most of your exercise calories (MFP can overestimate so 1/2 to 3/4 maybe)
    - Set a sensible goal - don't just set it to lose 2lbs a week because it's the maximum, do some research on what is best for you and the amount you are trying to lose
    - Don't put off resistance / strength training, start it now
    - Don't beat yourself up if you go over sometimes, life happens, it's about enjoying it too :flowerforyou:
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I really never felt like I was on a diet or starving.

- Log, Log, Log You just can't make this work without good data.
    - Get a Wi-Fi scale that logs weight for you
    - Use smart phone & tablet apps for tracking exercise that will export to MFP
    - As you get comfortable estimating portions like a 4 oz chicken breast, don't worry about measuring everything but be honest.
    - Get lots of exercise
    - Eat lots of fruit and tree nuts.
    - Eat as clean as possible
    - Potato chips and french fries, two foods you will never eat again!
    - Have fun! Its a journey and life style change, enjoy the ride and its benefits.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    My tips (that worked for me :smile: )

- Weigh everything
    - Pre-log your food when you can
    - Eat most of your exercise calories (MFP can overestimate so 1/2 to 3/4 maybe)
    - Set a sensible goal - don't just set it to lose 2lbs a week because it's the maximum, do some research on what is best for you and the amount you are trying to lose
    - Don't put off resistance / strength training, start it now
    - Don't beat yourself up if you go over sometimes, life happens, it's about enjoying it too :flowerforyou:

Yeppers!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

- As you get comfortable estimating portions like a 4 oz chicken breast, don't worry about measuring everything but be honest.
    - Get lots of exercise
    - Have fun! Its a journey and life style change, enjoy the ride and its benefits.

Lies i will always use a food scale for measuring....eye balling never works.
    and I still eat potatoe chips and french fries, nothing wrong with them, they are delicious!
  • peanuttyist
    peanuttyist Posts: 19
    Options
    great advice...its been working for me..been 1 month and feeling great !
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options

- Get lots of exercise

This
  • demonsheep
    demonsheep Posts: 69 Member
    Options

- Get lots of exercise

No potato chips and french fries? If that works for you...lol. Potatoes are my favorite food.

My tip would be to eat whatever you want, just make sure to make it fit. But if you want that ice cream/cookie/fries/beer/whatever, go have it. Just make sure to log it!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Some people may need a few tips on eating, weight loss, staying on track etc etc. Please leave your tips on succeeding at your weight loss goals for other MFP users...

2 TIPS WOULD BE:
    --- CONSISTENCY AND LOGGING INTO MFP EVERYDAY!! EVEN WHEN YOU DONT WANT TO...

Lets all Win :)

I eat some-most of my workout calories.
    I want to lose fat, not fat and muscle!
  • MistuhBeefMan
    Options
    Don't down yourself. Never hate yourself for what the scale says!
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Reading this guide:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Being consistent and accurate. Never giving up!!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

You must be new here :flowerforyou:
  • jbaker1663
    jbaker1663 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I got a fitbit flex and it has made all the difference, and you can sync it to MFP. I log all my food, but it's also super important for me to see how much exercise I'm getting. According to my flex, I burn about 1250 calories a day if I don't exercise. When I eat back my exercise calories, I don't lose weight-but that's just me. You have to find what works for YOU. Be patient and don't expect to lose all the weight at once. If you start logging everything you eat, and getting an accurate measurement of how many calories you burn, you'll be able to see what YOU need to do to lose weight. Good luck to everyone on our journey to better health!
  • meechster20001
    meechster20001 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm finding drinking a lot of water is helping fill me up plus as I'm just starting on couch to 5k I'm finding my body likes to be hydrated too!
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    TIP:
    Eat your workout calories! :)

^^^This^^^
  • KhatLady
    KhatLady Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Eat back your workout calories. Preferably with potato chips and french fries.

Oh, and read/research instead of trying to boil it all down to a half-baked slogan/mantra.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Reading this guide:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Being consistent and accurate. Never giving up!!

+1
  • at_night_bookstore
    at_night_bookstore Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    be smart, think logically and dont lie to yrself... theres no excuses
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    "Honoring personal preference is one of the most powerful yet underrated tactics for achieving optimal health and body composition" --Alan Aragon