Healthy de-stressing snacks

Options
Whenever I have a stressful day, food always calms my nerves...particularly something sweet...what is your favourite healthy de-stressing chewing material? :smile:

Replies

• natrtaylor
    natrtaylor Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Almonds, pistachios (especially good becuase you have to fiddle with them to open them), clementines (same thing), boom chicka pop popcorn, blueberries, or if I can afford it calorie wise a square of dark (70% or more) chocolate!
  • Shadowmf
    Shadowmf Posts: 40
    Options
    Almonds, pistachios (especially good becuase you have to fiddle with them to open them), clementines (same thing), boom chicka pop popcorn, blueberries, or if I can afford it calorie wise a square of dark (70% or more) chocolate!

Mmmm....chocolate....But I'm on a clean diet until I can learn the meaning of moderation when it comes to sweets :P lol... hehehe
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Crunchy stuff. For some reason the more I crunch and chew the less stressed I am. Carrot or celery sticks are great.
  • WallsA123
    WallsA123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Cantaloupe! Full of B vitamins and gives you a nice pick me up.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Mangoes. Lots and lots of mangoes. Peanut butter and banana together (easy on the peanut butter). I also like to simmer Japanese yams/sweet potato in light coconut milk for a treat. :D Lately, I've been drinking warm almond milk with beaten egg yolk, coconut sugar, vanilla, cinnamon/nutmeg mixed right in. Makes for a creamy, comforting drink, imo, especially in the morning. o^_^o SO I guess you can say my de-stress foods are a mix of sugar and fats? Lol.
  • Shadowmf
    Options
    Mangoes. Lots and lots of mangoes. Peanut butter and banana together (easy on the peanut butter). I also like to simmer Japanese yams/sweet potato in light coconut milk for a treat. :D Lately, I've been drinking warm almond milk with beaten egg yolk, coconut sugar, vanilla, cinnamon/nutmeg mixed right in. Makes for a creamy, comforting drink, imo, especially in the morning. o^_^o SO I guess you can say my de-stress foods are a mix of sugar and fats? Lol.

But but but! Mangoes bananas and peanutbutter is healthy :P the sugar doesn't count! Lol
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Uh oh, eating to de-stress spells disaster. How about finding something else to do besides eat? Yoga (for instance).
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    popcorn popped in coconut oil with a pinch os seasalt and if you like curry sprinkle it with curry this is my go to snack
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Food is fuel for your body. It is not to be used to distress, relieve boredom or other emortional reasons. You need to learn other ways to deal with your emotions if you want to be successful with your weight loss. Go for a walk, call a friend, read a book, post here!
  • Shadowmf
    Options
    Food is fuel for your body. It is not to be used to distress, relieve boredom or other emortional reasons. You need to learn other ways to deal with your emotions if you want to be successful with your weight loss. Go for a walk, call a friend, read a book, post here!

Ahhhh! But the catch is I always make sure it fits in my calories ;) and it's not so bad...my de stressing food is coffee these days since it's warm. If I must chew something it's a single serve chocolate or a few dates...mmmm...dates...
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    True! Except peanut butter is very fattening. LOL. I also love, love, LOVE durian. Excellent yummy (but stinky) de-stress food for me. Too bad they are so freaking expensive. Two frozen pods are like $7.00 where I live; the fresh ones are even more expensive. D;
  • moondazed
    moondazed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Something small that I can mindlessly eat in huge quantities! Mostly popcorn, grapes, or a huge veggie platter.

I also find hot liquids soothing. I love a big cup of coffee, tea, hot chocolate, or soup. yum!
  • Billybegood
    Billybegood Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Chocolate!