Exercise help!

Options
I had been working out 3 hours a day until a couple of weeks ago. With the holidays and company, I was unable to get in as much. I even had a week where I was completely unable to exercise.

The last of the company left yesterday and today was to be the beginning of my continuing journey and a renewal of my commitment.

Half way through my morning workout, my machine broke! A weld snapped, so there's no way I can rig it to function!

So, here's my problem, due to a medical condition that makes it difficult for me to walk from one end of the house to the other without excruciating pain, I need VERY low impact exercise that requires no additional equipment.

I am anxious to continue my success, but I'm unemployed and can't afford to replace my $500 machine, and it was working so well! Plus, I've come to really enjoy that time to myself. The time I spend exercising is mine alone and helps me to clear my head and keep a more positive attitude.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Swimming really clears my head and leaves me feeling refreshed. I don't do a stroke as such i just get myself from one end of the pool to the other. It is very low impact, and your body is supported by the water and it burns lots!!

I probably should have checked where you live before posting, but it could be an idea if you have access to a pool?
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Most large shopping malls open early for "walkers". If you have a listening device, put on your headset and listen to fast music of your choice. Then, RACE WALK, for up to one hour, 5 days per week. Make certain you get your heart up to TARGET RATE. This activity is free and, if you complete it early enough, you have the rest of the day to make "getting a job" your principle focus. Wishing you the best of everything. Go get 'em!

Claire :flowerforyou:
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    If you can walk in place, Leslie Sansome Walking videos/dvd's are great...How about Pilates or Yoga? All on dvd or videos or satellite tv. good luck...I know your pain...:flowerforyou:
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I would suggest Leslie's walking videos as well. Another thing I would recommend is some kind of resistance training, even just bodyweight exercises would help a lot. What is the medical condition and where does it hurt? Knowing that would help to give better recommendations. Also, Leslie Sansome has a couple of free walking videos on www.exercise.tv

They are very low impact already but you can always tailor the routine to work for you by only doing what you're able to do.