Trying again for the 3rd time

Options
I was able to lose quite a bit of weight the first time I used MyFitnessPal, but last time even though I was strict about my calories, I couldn't lose. I got discouraged and gave up, and gained even more weight. Now I'm 148 pounds (5 feet) and I feel terrible. I'm going to try a third time, because I don't want to feel heavy all the time. I've never had a really strong support community, and none of my friends ever need to lose weight or diet, so they don't understand. I'm hoping that using the online community will help to inspire and keep me on track as I try and get healthy. Do you all have any tips for keeping a positive attitude?

Replies

• Sporttster
    Sporttster Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Man, it's tough, no doubt about it. I'm getting close to where I want to be but find myself starting to crave the wrong foods, again. I don't want to not be able to enjoy food. It's a fight and it's gonna last the rest of my life. I guess the way to do it is allow yourself times of enjoyment but keep a TIGHT reign on it or it will get out of control fast. I give myself a range of weight, like 205-215. If I start creeping up then I'll start cutting back again. I think the key is don't let it get so far out of control you end up with a crapload of weight to fight off again.
  • mhartzen
    mhartzen Posts: 4
    Options
    Yeah, I think I really let myself go this time. The problem was also that I didn't buy a scale until last month, and I had no idea how bad it had gotten. It's definitely easier to keep it off than to try and lose it.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I lost 20 kg (44 pounds) with MFP then gained it back when I took on a really stressful job. I'm here again and ready to get myself back on track. My focus is on eating well and improving my fitness - the actual weight loss is irrelevant. Just remember, it's progress not perfection. Just stick with it and don't let the number on the scale determine your self worth.
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    I was able to lose quite a bit of weight the first time I used MyFitnessPal, but last time even though I was strict about my calories, I couldn't lose. I got discouraged and gave up, and gained even more weight. Now I'm 148 pounds (5 feet) and I feel terrible. I'm going to try a third time, because I don't want to feel heavy all the time. I've never had a really strong support community, and none of my friends ever need to lose weight or diet, so they don't understand. I'm hoping that using the online community will help to inspire and keep me on track as I try and get healthy. Do you all have any tips for keeping a positive attitude?
    Get some exercise, jesus. Your metabolism is completely ****ed up because you literally do nothing all day I'd assume/
  • mhartzen
    mhartzen Posts: 4
    Options
    I used to be fairly active, and I work a job where I'm on my feet all day, so I've been using that as an excuse, I think, to avoid actually exercising. But you're right, I've been a lump recently, so I've got to really start making myself go to the gym.