how do you deal with staying away from tempting foods

Options
2»

Replies

• eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    my wife has a sweet tooth also.. and she is still thin as a bread stick.... so every once in a while i do eat one or more cookies...

I then just figure it into my daily calories and keep on moving... and yes sometimes I do walk an extra 30 minutes for a piece of cake....:bigsmile:
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    On a day where you know ahead that your mum is having the sweets, choose one of your favorites that you know she always buys and pre log it. This way you have have your treat and stay within your limits. I pre logged a pretzl bun today and I have been looking forward to it all day knowing I can have it guilt free. Hope this helped just a little, Cindy
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,244 Member
    Options
    Rather than trying to eliminate them entirely, I've learned to enjoy these things in moderation and let them be a very small part of my otherwise super awesome and nutritious diet. You don't get fat from certain foods...foods aren't fattening...eating too much food is fattening.

I agree with you 100%. If I could lose weight eating 2300 cal/day I would be able to fit some sweets into my diet too.
    I can't fit them into my 1600 calories/day diet

How? I eat between 1500 and 1700 calories a day. I meet my macros with no issues. AND I have ice cream or another sweet just about daily. So it is doable and you don't have to eat 2300 calories to do it.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I got into the habit of following my plan and enjoying treats this year, but I've been so bad lately.
    Strategies that I used to use are doing things that are not condusive (for me) with eating potato chips such as going to bed, taking a bath, going for a walk, and gardening. I think I also have better resolve when I'm not drinking red wine:)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I cant' do the moderation thing either
    Soooo....I sub other things.
    Like yogurt with protein powder and a squeeze of honey or smashed banana or other fruit
    I will bake thinly sliced potatoes or veggies to make "chips"
    I make a lot of those "weird" high protein recipes.
    A lot of time eating some super sweet fruit, like pineapple, does the trick for me too
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I find substitutions.....

Chips my substitution is cucumbers vinegar & dill weed
    mashed potatoes my my substitution Mashed cauliflower
    candy my substitution grapes
    pasta my substitution spaghetti squash
    chocolate my substitution chocolate pb2
    juice my substitution lemon water
    I have many.

but remember nothing is off limits... you can indulge just not daily and in moderation... :D

I can do any of these but credit to you for making cucumber, vinegar and dill taste like chips!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You can't avoid junk food forever, and it's not fair for you to expect everyone around you to stay away from it just because of you want to. You have to learn how to deal with temptation if you want to sustain weight loss.

Like others have said, learn to incorporate the treats you want into your diet and still keep your calorie deficit.
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    Who was moderation for 50?
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Buy it, split it up, and then, take the extra portions double bag and double knot it, and place it on a different floor of your house then the kitchen or where you 'hang out'
  • wonca
    wonca Posts: 81
    Options
    I just plan for them.. For example, I have a recipe for flourless protein pb&j cookies or one for "brawny brownies" and I eat one or the other nightly..