Suggestions

Options
Teresa652
Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
I need suggestions for a safety topic for work. My turn is coming up again and I want something that no one would think of, me either I guess. Anyone got a good one. Thanks.

Replies

• mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be work-related? If not, check out this article in the news today about people being robbed, killed or seriously hurt by bandits via Craigslist transactions:

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2011/01/craigslist-robberies-by-appointment-turn-violent.html

Since you are asking on MFP, you could do something on safety using fitness equipment. There was an article on msnbc.com a few months ago about it.

Due to the recent winter storms in the east, you could also do traveling safety, winter safety (especially when traveling in cars)...the possibilities there are endless.

If you want to create a humorous presentation, you could do basic office safety (papercuts, staple mishaps, etc.)

Have fun!
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    nope it doesn't have to be work-related.
  • d4sbwitu
    Options
    What does your place of business do? And where are you located? I have done:

The dangers of household chemicals: Proper storage, what to mix and what to not mix, possible dangers to children, including possible misuse by adolescents.

Dangers of winter weather: What to have in your car/house/work stations, avoiding slips due to ice and sidewalk or road treatments, frost bite, driving tips.

Then there is always cold/flu season, ergonomics, or you could attack the blood-bourne pathogens angle. If you work in an office, this could be as easy as actions to take if a co-worker injures him/herself, or if someone needs mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. If your workplace has the budget for it, you could buy everyone face shields for that purpose.

Hope that helps!